EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

2008 Buick Enclave CXL AC/Heat Issue

42K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Rob_C 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone else this issue but I'm wondering if someone can give me any insight or a better fix for my Enclave.

Just recently my AC and Heat have stopped working/blowing in the front, but it works perfectly fine in the 2nd and 3rd rows. I have been googling stuff and converdating with my dad about the issues an he seems think that i might need a Control Head part which after talking to the dealer they said would run me $300 and I dont wanna throw away money on that if its not needed. Anyone got any tips or suggestions of things for me to try or look at/for on my truck? Any help is greatly appreciated

#27 ·
Thank you all so much.. Mine are push tabs.. I was able to remove fan and check fuses.. It is definitely been drowned by water. And the fan is shot. I ordered the part for 45 on amazon. Will be here tomrrow, and I will also clean the condensation line as. I will also use the idea of drilling a hole to help drain the water much better. Needs to in for a oil change soon, so I will also have them replace the lines pertaining to the sunroof.. They owe me a favor. :blob:

#29 ·
captlefty said:
09 enclave, everything works except all of my rear a/c vents are blowing
hot. does anyone have any advice to fix? where is the blend door acuator for the rear vents located? or is it something else?
Sorry to hear of your concerns with your A/C vents blowing hot air. I recognize that you may be seeking advice to do it yourself. If you should need any additional assistance, we are always here to help!

Andraya (assisting Amber)
Buick Customer Care

#30 ·
I just rebuilt my brother's blower motor.

The problem was with the design of the motor itself: the windings are not soldered only pressed on. Water gets in there from condensation or leak and kills the connections.

I Took the motor apart using a dremel to cut some slots to fold down the bent metal holding on the bottom and I SOLDERED all the windings. I also put in some spacers to hold the motor amerture when not running ( ingineous design uses magnetic levitation for axial bearing).

Took me a good while to fix because I first tried to fix the commutator connections through the little window before disassembling the motor.

I also removed the blower cage and sanded and polished the motor shaft. I used a palm nailer to pound out the shaft and a dremel to put some "flats" on the shaft to hold in a vice to twist off the blower. O
The moter itself is darn near indestructible. If your blower is not working. But if you remove the motor from its mount and kick-start it and it will try to turn or start than youcan fix it for free. You can likely open the motor with just some diagonal cutters and/or vice grips..

The rebuilt motor is literally better than new since the commutator connections are soldered now so they are moisture PROOF. I will drill some drop holes before re installing. I think the problem was just from condensation moisture not a leak so it is clearly a design flaw.

The motor is CRAZY powerful btw. 100w at 12 v. Other than the lunacy of using crimped winding connections on a motor that is in a humid environment it's a VERY nice motor..

So yeah i it took me a few hours of monkeying around to fix mysel, but same-day service and $0 out of pocket.

I created an account here just to share the news since anybody could copy me and save $60-200 DIY.

Oh; you might be able to solder the connections through the window on the motor and not even have to disassemble the motor, however worth it to disassemble just to sand/clean/polish the shaft: I had to add a spacer at the bottom and the top to keep the amerture from moving too far up and down.

-awr

Ps I'll try to upload pictures but don't think I can from the iPad.

Attachments

#33 ·
Ok this is very strange. I replaced the blower motor 2 years ago... it was corroded and destroyed because it was sitting in a pool of water.
I drilled a hole in the plastic "bowl" that the blower motor sits in under the glove compartment, to let the water drip out off it. I looked and looked and waited and waited for months to spot water to dripping out and it never did. Until now 2 years later! Saw water dripping out of the hole, where is the water coming from and why hasn't it leaked in 2 years??

#34 ·
Hi all,

My 2008 Enclave blower became intermittent on a long drive last week then completely failed. I took the cover (underneath the glove box) off and saw the pool of water. So blower looks to be spent!

There are no screws holding it in, it is just the screw type. I cannot remove it though? It turns about half an inch then stops? The little tab isn't holding it in, it seems to be something in the vent that joins the blower to the air ducting?

Has anyone got any tips for removing the blower? It's frustrating watching people just twist and drop the blower when mine is getting stuck on something!? Hopefully I'm missing something obvious?

Many thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.