EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cylinders 1 3 and 5 are misfiring. My mechanic says that I need to change the fuel injectors but the car is running fine with just a hint of rough idle. Cylinder one is misfiring more than 3 and 5. The check engine light is on.If the injector is weak on number one can it cause the injectors on 3 and 5 to malfunction ??. All of the coils and spark plugs are good.Checked the X3 pins and they are fine.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
this being a 2008... I would check the small tube towards the rear of the intake manifold.
Check the hose connected here--- as when it cracks or comes off-- it causes rough idle.

this hose- applies vacuum to the vac assisted motor mounts.
(On 2008 Acadias- the small pipe is there-- but its capped off. (No vac assist mounts on Acadias). When the cap dry rots - you get a vacuum leak- and engine runs rough).

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
look at this thread to see where the nipple and hoses are... look at pics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this being a 2008... I would check the small tube towards the rear of the intake manifold.
Check the hose connected here--- as when it cracks or comes off-- it causes rough idle.

this hose- applies vacuum to the vac assisted motor mounts.
(On 2008 Acadias- the small pipe is there-- but its capped off. (No vac assist mounts on Acadias). When the cap dry rots - you get a vacuum leak- and engine runs rough).
Thank you for replying. I will have it checked out. I have also been told that if you don't us AC delco iridium plugs the computer can be through off ?? It has NGK plugs in it. Any thoughts about this ?? Craig

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
AC DELCO iridiums- are made by NGK. so you should be good.
Its the other aftermarkets that are an issue. Multi pronged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Rbarrios, now the car is running great. It still shows misfires on 1,3 and 5 on a scanner. If it wasn"t for the CEL being on I wouldn"t know there was something wrong. It still shows more misfires on # 1 cylinder than 3 and 5. I have no idea what to do next, any thoughts ??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cylinders 1 3 and 5 are misfiring. My mechanic says that I need to change the fuel injectors but the car is running fine with just a hint of rough idle.
My Enclave started misfiring at around 130K and I didn't take it seriously for a few days. You need to change all the coils and plugs immediately or the misfires will take out the catalytic. It's an expensive job unless you do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts