EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2008 Buick Enclave CXLwith oscillating headlights. Does that year have HID or Halogen. Everything I've read says HID. Can anyone tell me for sure? Thanks

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Yes, HID. I've changed both of mine gaining access through the fender wheel well liners. And it's a real bear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Great! Thank you for replying. I'm going to bring mine to a shop to replace it. It sounds complicated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ok. Great! Thank you for replying. I'm going to bring mine to a shop to replace it. It sounds complicated.
Actually, it's not bad at all, once you get the fender liner open/off. Do it once and you'll realize it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is that done? I found a demonstration that shows how to replace it removing the bumper.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Turn the front wheels full left or full right, whichever direction gives the most room. Remove the screws that go along the front edge of the wheel well opening… as many as you need to gain access. Pull the front part of the liner back far enough to gain access.

My memory is that you have to do something to release the part that holds the bulb, but it’s not that complicated. I just can’t remember what it is… was a long time ago!

I think there’s a couple YouTube videos on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying. I found a video that shows something similar. However I am surprised to see there aren't many videos on the assembly installation or bumper removal. I will make sure to post the results if I end up doing the repair. 😄

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
It's not hard at all. The hardest part is getting your hand into the small hole in the back of the headlight assembly to undo and redo the clip that holds the bulb in place. Then the catch is to get the notches aligned properly before you actually lock the lamp into place.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No way would I remove the front assembly or bumper. It's too easy from behind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts