EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing im gonna say is i have read the manual. So when i turn the A/C on the light blinks 3 times and shuts off. I know the manual says the light will blink 3 times and shut off if the outside temp is under 40 F. Problem is it is 90 out right now and the light still blinks 3 times and shuts off. I have replaced the outside temperature sensor and the display on the dash reads correctly. What else could cause the light to flash and turn off?

·
Administrator
761 Posts
Either an AC compressor problem or you have a leak. Going to need to have the refrigerant checked and if it’s full you’ve got big issues, if it’s not you have a leak that will need to be tracked down and the system refilled.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Either an AC compressor problem or you have a leak. Going to need to have the refrigerant checked and if it’s full you’ve got big issues, if it’s not you have a leak that will need to be tracked down and the system refilled.
Either way.....AC issues are usually expensive

·
Registered
80 Posts
Most likely low on refrigerant.

When ambient temperatures drop, the idle AC system pressure also drops (a function of the vapor pressure of the refrigerant). At 40 deg F, you likely have an idle AC system pressure that the AC control unit determines it is too low to safety run, so it deactivates the AC system. At high ambient temperatures, if you had a refrigerant leak, your idle AC system pressure would be quite low, so the AC control unit determines it is too low to safely run, so it deactivates the AC system. My thoughts anyway.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Two of the crimp lines (metal to rubber) are prone to leaking. But if its not there (you can usually see the leak detecting green dye where there are leaks) it could be somewhere else. Temporary- or permanent, depending on what it is - a refill kit that includes refrigerant and a leak-stop from an auto parts store that has a gauge. If that doesn’t hold, or if you see the dye somewhere, take it to a Chevy dealer.

Why Chevy? Labor rate is as much as 1/2 as much as at Buick. And in my case, better mechanics.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
A/C repairs can be very expensive.
6/19 Replaced rear low side line to evaporator.....$1883
8/20 Replaced rear evaporator....$1300
5/22 Replaced front evaporator....$3204
Total A/C Repairs....$6387
That's why I'm a firm believer in purchasing a dealer sold extended warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts