Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No: traded for something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are/were a 2008 Enclave owner/lessee, please indicate your current ownership status. If you've traded the car, please let us know what replaced it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Owned my 2008 for 4 long years. Without going into detail, I could not trust using it or letting the wife and kids use it. Bought a new Lincoln MKT. Over 2 years now and 33000 miles with no issues. Love the 360 horses too!

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
joebuick said:
Owned my 2008 for 4 long years. Without going into detail, I could not trust using it or letting the wife and kids use it. Bought a new Lincoln MKT. Over 2 years now and 33000 miles with no issues. Love the 360 horses too!
Good to know about your Ford product. We too bought one, our first Ford...2014 Escape. It's a hard thing to trust a new brand, for which many who bought their Enclave did. We have had many GM's without issue, and so far our 09 has been great for the 6 years and counting. Were very nervous getting our Ford....glad to hear other reports like yours are good.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
kenthurgood said:
dzs3fz

Phew !!!, that's a few miles... impressive :thumb:

No transmission problems I hope.

That is my biggest fear looking forward.
No Transmission Issues............

·
Registered
58 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
If you are/were a 2008 Enclave owner/lessee, please indicate your current ownership status. If you've traded the car, please let us know what replaced it.
Purchased new in August 2008 .. currently about 63000 miles... use is only traveling to and from Winter home and some use there ... mostly sits in Summer. Ave life time MPH is 47. No major issues .. done typical recalls .. had steering rack things done ... constantly worry about being left high and dry with transmission failure but will still keep/use is as it is in "new condition" as never seen salt n snow.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I took delivery of my '08 in November of 07. I ordered it from the factory through a great dealer - Reynolds Buick in West Covina, California. The only issues with it were the typical that you see here. Other than that it ran perfectly, never stranded me. I traded it in at Reynolds this past spring for a new 2014. It had 45,000 miles on it. Whoever bought it got a good deal because I babied it and kept it waxed and garaged. I did go off road in it a few times because it was necessary up in Northern California where we vacation. :thumb:I guess that shows satisfaction with the brand.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Had ours almost four years. Purchased with about 51K miles, now has about 95K. Water pump replaced a month after purchase. Burnt exhaust valve after about 10 months. Wave plate at about 90K miles this spring. Otherwise a great car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
About 75K on my Brown CXL AWD.

Purchased used at 45K. Only 2 issues. First being an electrical problem (that was cured by the original selling dealership), and a drowned HVAC Blower Motor (cured by me, with a $60 new part, and cleaning the AC drain hose).

Still in love :thumb:

MityDawg

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So far, 75% of respondents still own their 2008 Enclaves. Perhaps this suggests that the majority of us like our 2008s. Or, perhaps this is an indication that many of us can't afford to upgrade. :happy:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Other than a couple major issues we really like ours. And I figure there would be too much of a hit trading it in to go with something else. So unless the transmission fix doesn't hold up or we start getting all kinds of problems, we'll be keeping it another 4-5 years. The wife is saying the Traverse will probably be her next one since she likes the restyle they did.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
We defected a year ago after just shy of 6 years and 63k miles. It was a reliable vehicle while we owned it but the power steering had been whining for about a year. I swapped out to Dexron VI about six months after it started whining. Other than that the only issue we had was a Nav unit that went bad after the warranty expired. They offered to give us a great deal - a replacement unit "at cost" - $1000. I told them to pound sand and that if I was going to replace it I would buy a much better aftermarket unit for less than that.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Over 70% of responding 2008 Enclave owners still own the car. Not a bad endorsement for vehicle loyalty, in would seem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
08 enclave, own outright. Purchased used last month. I know there are some third party companies out there that will lease a used vehicle to someone, but I imagine it's very uncommon. Further, I suspect few, if any third party companies will lease a 6 year old vehicle.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Over 70% of responding 2008 Enclave owners still own the car. Not a bad endorsement for vehicle loyalty, in would seem.
Either that or we are second owners of an 08 and can't get out of out it what we owe on a trade in or selling outright. But I do love my "Cherry-Ot" none the less.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cfedor said:
Either that or we are second owners of an 08 and can't get out of out it what we owe on a trade in or selling outright. But I do love my "Cherry-Ot" none the less.
That's a good point. Some are driving Pre-Owned 2008 Enclaves. ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Right on cfedor :thumb:

Local dealer called me today and they found what I was looking for.

I wanted a 13 or 14 lightly used.

They found a new 14 in Red Tint Jewelcoat, with the chocochino interior.

Best price he said they could do is $57,000 .... Yikes ::)

They would not even give me what I still have owing on my 08, since I bought off lease with no trade.

Salesman says we do 8 year terms at 0%.

Had to decline with thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts