• No: traded for a newer Enclave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No: traded for something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think I'd rather buy an 08, 09, 10 for 20 or 25k! The new ones are pretty, prettier than my old 2008, but not THAT much prettier!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought my 2008 in November 2007. Had all of the usual problems with this first year of production. Frustrating, however the good news is GM stepped up to the plate and fixed most of the problems under warranty.

Following this forum since day one - it seems that the follow on years had a much better track record. This implies that now since I have most of the problems taken care of - things should be fairly quite now. I just turned up 100,000 miles yesterday and luckily haven't had any problems for the last year. This is the best road car I have ever had. I put a new set of Michelin tires on it recently and the car rides great. Given the cost of a new model - I have decided to ride this one until it dies. Have seen several comments on this forum with folks having really high mileage on their Enclave with minimum problems. So lets hope things stay quiet for a long time else I will be back on this forum bellyaching!!

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ENCLAVEDUDE said:
I bought my 2008 in November 2007. Had all of the usual problems with this first year of production. Frustrating, however the good news is GM stepped up to the plate and fixed most of the problems under warranty.

Following this forum since day one - it seems that the follow on years had a much better track record. This implies that now since I have most of the problems taken care of - things should be fairly quite now. I just turned up 100,000 miles yesterday and luckily haven't had any problems for the last year. This is the best road car I have ever had. I put a new set of Michelin tires on it recently and the car rides great. Given the cost of a new model - I have decided to ride this one until it dies. Have seen several comments on this forum with folks having really high mileage on their Enclave with minimum problems. So lets hope things stay quiet for a long time else I will be back on this forum bellyaching!!
Congratulations on turning over the 100,000 mile mark! :cheers: I agree that the Enclave is an impression road car.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Still have it, but it's become our 17 year old daughter's car. 132K miles now.

Wife got a new 2014 Ford Fusion Energi PHEV in May and loves to brag about how much she's saving in fuel costs from when she drove the Enclave. Her average MPG after 5 months and 9000 miles is over 200 mpg. 95% of her suburban driving/commute to work, etc is all electric.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
200+ mpg is pretty impressive! That's the equivalent of more than 10 times the fuel economy of the Enclave! :eek:

·
Registered
416 Posts
GoldEnclave,

For the 2014 Enclave, the local dealer I use, found me one at another fairly close city in Ontario, Canada, that's the price my dealer quoted before taxes of 13%.

Little figuring here ... la...la...la... whoa ... out the door price of $64,410.00. Yikes !!!

Service manager where I deal has said he has had customers say that at their dealership, he's seen prices dropped way over $10,000 to get them sold.

I may call the other dealer myself and ask what is the rock bottom price with the 0% financing over 8 years out the door.

And possibly with my 08 trade, I have nothing to lose.

Maybe with a lottery win :D

Crazy, that's more then a house sold for in the early 80's.

yes, I guess I'm getting old :happy:

·
Registered
2008 Enclave 3.6L-V6 Auto w/113k miles and counting
1 Posts
Owner of the ‘08 Enclave which was gifted to my wife and I in ‘21. They purchased it new and had 95k miles when we received it. It now has 113879 miles. My father-in-law took care of it and serviced it appropriately and hasn’t had any heavy repairs during their time.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts