EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, 2008 Buick CXL 98,000 miles tranny problem. At dealership. 5600.00 new replace, or check wave plate 512.00 then determine if it is the wave plate? Manufactured 8/13/07. Need advice. I searched the forum, but still in question. Thank you in advance! Any ideas are appreciated...

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! What were its symptoms going into the shop? Sluggish, or just not moving? Any grinding that you may have noticed? 1-3-5 & Reverse work ok? If not, its definatly a wave plate issue, I would replace transmission if you feel it is worth it to you to do so, or ditch it and trade it in. I know I have heard and read posts of others that replaced and yet again were faced with a second wave plate failure. Good luck. Keep us in the loop as to your decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome. After much research we chose to replace the transmission. 100,000 warranty. In the next 2 years we will upgrade again to Buick. My husband was in a horrible accident in my baby buick, and that little SUV kept him safe and alive. We are strong believers in Buick. Thank you for your assistance! This is a fantastic forum.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. After much research we chose to replace the transmission. 100,000 warranty. In the next 2 years we will upgrade again to Buick. My husband was in a horrible accident in my baby buick, and that little SUV kept him safe and alive. We are strong believers in Buick. Thank you for your assistance! This is a fantastic forum.
Glad all is turning out for you. Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope your husband is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
TnTdesertskies
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing