EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

2008 Enclave

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  WhoCares 
#1 ·
I went through the carwash in my 2008 Enclave and water started leaking in on my passenger side down by the floor and up by the airbag sign by the door and after I turned my truck off and pulled the key out, my truck kept running for over a minute. I had to pull the fuel pump fuse to get it to turn off. the next day my battery was completely dead. Replaced the battery but still have the same issue

#4 ·
Don't wait to clean the drain tubes like I did on my '08 Enclave. I tried using a wire and an air nozzle on the tubes but it only helped a little and it kept getting clogged again. There are you tube videos on how to do the job right. The root cause is a grommet on each side through the firewall that gets plugged with stuff from trees etc... Mine got so bad that the water filled the battery well behind the passenger seat with water and disintegrated the positive battery cable. The water also fried my radio amp which is located to the left of the streering column, this is a PIA to access. Water also filled the fan shroud behind the glove box and ruined the fan motor. I now have the front and second row seats removed to pull the carpet and dry out the carpet pad which is thick and holds gallons of water.

#6 ·
If you need to clean drain tubes for a sunroof, use weed trimmer line. It’s flexible enough to go around bends but not stiff enough to dislodge the drain hose. And to clean any water event the best solution is a dehumidifier. Set it to continuous mode and put it in the truck with all the doors/windows closed. I’ve found this method works the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.