EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about half the time when we start the car the rear AC blows hot. We have checked that the aux is pressed. that the front dual AC is only working. Restarted the car a couple times, and everything else we can think of. it seems like there is something sticking from time to time. that prevents the ac from reaching the back vents.

anyone have this problem or know what might be happening?

·
Registered
448 Posts
fannwill said:
So about half the time when we start the car the rear AC blows hot. We have checked that the aux is pressed. that the front dual AC is only working. Restarted the car a couple times, and everything else we can think of. it seems like there is something sticking from time to time. that prevents the ac from reaching the back vents.

anyone have this problem or know what might be happening?
My 09 is doing the same thing except always hot. I believe it's the rear actuators, but i have yet to take it all a part to get to them and confirm. The parts are inexpensive, I believe there are two, about $40 a piece. They are located in passenger rear quarter panel. You need to take inner panels out and also unbolt it from above the right rear muffler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silvervettes said:
My 09 is doing the same thing except always hot. I believe it's the rear actuators, but i have yet to take it all a part to get to them and confirm. The parts are inexpensive, I believe there are two, about $40 a piece. They are located in passenger rear quarter panel. You need to take inner panels out and also unbolt it from above the right rear muffler.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Which vents is the hot air coming out of? Have you cycled from floor to upper vents and that has no change? Or does the air flow actually change from floor vent to ceiling vents,
and visa versa - but just remains hot air? If it cycles correctly and judt keeps blowing hot air, I am thinking you have low refridgerant or a bad rear evaporator coil or a small leak in the AC system that neefs to be dye tested to be located. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing