EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our headlight went pink on the driver side and we went to replace it. The original bulb came out easily and when we went to but the new one in it would not lock (even turning the locking clips). We ended up taking it to a mechanic and they said we are missing a small locking mechanism inside of the bulb holder? Has anyone heard of this? I searched other forms but had no results. Youtube has shown us how to replace but we cannot get the bulb to set (nor can the mechanic). They said my only option was to purchase an entire headlight assembly which are quite pricey. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our headlight went pink on the driver side and we went to replace it. The original bulb came out easily and when we went to but the new one in it would not lock (even turning the locking clips). We ended up taking it to a mechanic and they said we are missing a small locking mechanism inside of the bulb holder? Has anyone heard of this? I searched other forms but had no results. Youtube has shown us how to replace but we cannot get the bulb to set (nor can the mechanic). They said my only option was to purchase an entire headlight assembly which are quite pricey. Any suggestions?
I can't tell by looking at the assy drawing if there is a replaceable part like what you are describing. Your best bet is to look on eBay for headlight assys which will be cheaper than new and likely match the age and wear on your existing unit. Or, you can look for the people selling bags of parts and look at the pictures to see if the part you are looking for is included. You can find parts starting around $50 and full assys around $300 I think.
I went this same route for my 2014. Bought a used assy last week, unfortunately it has the articulating headlight even though it should not have had the option based on description. Unfortunately, I can't plug it in to see if the damaged assy works (assy uses different connector) but I can at least harvest parts. I am also dismantling the assy to see how it was wired and see if I can fix my existing unit with parts that are not available as a spare part. Worst case, I should be able to recoup most of, if not all or more of the $80 I spent by selling the bulbs/ballasts etc and learn something to hopefully help me and others with the same issue I have, a DRL LED issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have attached a picture of the part I think you are talking about. This is from a 2013-2017 model though. I had ordered a wrecked assy to learn more about it and hope to harvest parts to fix my 2014. I don't see an easy way to remove this to just install onto your light assy. Everything has to be done through the access hole which isn't that large. I only have a clear picture because I completely disassembled the junk assy. I see some people selling the full light motor assy and can't figure out how you can replace it unless you destroy the housing which isn't practical since ideally it is sealed up tight from the elements. You might be out of luck with this. I can't fathom how this ended up damaged either unless someone thought they were loosening it and they accidentally tightened it until it failed... nothing else exerts any force on it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts