EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this used last year. 180k. The PO said the Timing chains were replaced before. Ran ok for about 1000 miles, then would barely make it home. Had p0017 code. I replaced the camshaft position sensor and it went away. Still ran like crap and couldn't go over 20mph. Found out cat was plugged, replaced all cats and still won't run well. Rescanned codes and found I was getting a MAF related error. Cleaned MAF and noticed oil in intake boot. Replaced PCV valves and still have same issue. Car will start, but will start to stumble around 20mph. In neutral it will rev up and fall when pressing the accelerator. here is a video.

I am running out of ideas. Now I am not getting any codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the same boat, they changed the solenoids system, now saying its a timing chain issue... Spent 2500 on repairs since buying this used 6 months ago, and now they want 2200 more. So im supposed to pay more than the car is worth... In the first 6 months of owning this pos... they got me good with this lemon. Dont buy buick enclaves, they are garbage, dont last long, and the manufacturer refuses to do anything, no recalls for any of their obviously broken system. They designed it to mess up quickly. How else would they keep selling cars? Its sure not for the "luxury."

·
Registered
134 Posts
In the same boat, they changed the solenoids system, now saying its a timing chain issue... Spent 2500 on repairs since buying this used 6 months ago, and now they want 2200 more. So im supposed to pay more than the car is worth... In the first 6 months of owning this pos... they got me good with this lemon. Dont buy buick enclaves, they are garbage, dont last long, and the manufacturer refuses to do anything, no recalls for any of their obviously broken system. They designed it to mess up quickly. How else would they keep selling cars? Its sure not for the "luxury."
6 months ago? Is it a 2009?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, its an 09, 140k miles on it now. The lot swore they had changed the Cat and the timing chain before they sold it to me... Both are having issues after only 6 months. Got sold a lemon and they obviously lied about fixing those. Never buying buicks again, or GMC period. They have obvious issues they refuse to acknowledge as a systemic problem with the design just for alittle more "profit." Gotta love the "profit over people" approach...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yep, its an 09, 140k miles on it now. The lot swore they had changed the Cat and the timing chain before they sold it to me... Both are having issues after only 6 months. Got sold a lemon and they obviously lied about fixing those. Never buying buicks again, or GMC period. They have obvious issues they refuse to acknowledge as a systemic problem with the design just for alittle more "profit." Gotta love the "profit over people" approach...
You're blaming Buick for bad maintenance done by a previous owner?

Our 2008 had no issues outside of the trans computer in 175,000 miles. Among the most reliable vehicles we ever owned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The previous owner had followed the maintenance schedule almost to the letter, at least according to its maintenance record... They traded in when the Cat was going bad at 118k miles, and the dealership claimed to have fixed it (i dont believe them being a used car salesman, and its already needing a replacement 6 months later...) But that aside, they claimed to have fixed the issues with the transmission and timing chains in the 2014+ models... So they admit it is an issue with their vehicles, just refuse to do anything about it (i mean why would they, its Profits o er everything.) Personally i feel that is a massive insult to anyone that bought them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts