EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
i dont think very much because they have already coined the idea of calling it a minivan.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It wont touch these three...........It's a Dodge! :thumb:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I must admit Chrysler manages to come up with some great design ideas, the minivan comes to mind. I drove one for ten years. I loved the design, but the engineering and build execution were terrible, it spent a lot of time in the shop. Luckily I bought an extended warranty (7 years), and racked up over $7,000 worth of repairs before it ran out, and then the transmission crapped out. That was my last Mopar.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's not really competing with the Lambdas directly, as it's built off the Avenger/Sebring platform and is sort of a combination of Ford Edge/Toyota Highlander in size. Hence the 4-cyl, and 2 6-cyl engine choices.

And they didn't call it a minivan, one website who posted the pictures and information titled the story as such.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I don't like it, too generic looking. Besides after the debacle with the one & only Chrysler I owned, a 88 Caravan, I swore to never purchase another.
Hmmmmmm, I seem to have read about those on this forum who would NEVER by a Buick, but they bought one. :thumb:
Never say never.......

·
Registered
509 Posts
MRBUICK said:
I don't like it, too generic looking. Besides after the debacle with the one & only Chrysler I owned, a 88 Caravan, I swore to never purchase another.
Hmmmmmm, I seem to have read about those on this forum who would NEVER by a Buick, but they bought one. :thumb:
Never say never.......
Very true. Chrysler, in particular, burned a LOT of people in the 80's and 90's with vehicles that had great thinking in the design, but lacked the same in the engineering and quality departments. For at least the past 5 years, that hasn't at all been even remotely an issue anymore, and a lot have noticed...yet a lot also still stick to the "never a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep again".

But people also do the same for GM, Ford, etc. One or two slightly bad or really bad experiences with any product, and it really can do a number on people's perception from then on. Sometimes they overcome it (GM, lately) and sometimes they still struggle (Chrysler, but given the mish-mash of recent products, there's other reasons they haven't taken off).

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yuck, with a little wood panelling on the side, it's the Plymouth station wagon of the 60's![/color]

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Blah Blah Blah.......it's a D-O-D-G-E meaning, "stay away" :puke:

I thought I liked some of Dodge's new styling until I drove a rental Caliber SXT a few months back. The exterior is "ok" but the interior was AWFUL! Reminded me of an early 80's K-Car......it was SO plasticky and cheap. I frankly was very surprised that Daimler/Chrysler could put out such a "Yugo-like" interior......it was THAT bad! And don't even get me started with that CVT transmission......it felt like "wallowing in slop" :mope:......and some of you think the lambda transmission is unresponsive. I couldn't help but thinking, what a HUGE step backward for Dodge/Chrysler from the Charger/300 hit.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I didn't think it was possible but that interior is uglier than the Acadia's. No one seduced by the Enclave interior will buy that. :nono:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, that is one UGLY station wagon/truck/mini van.... and what in the world is up with all those buttons for the radio/temp?? I remember reading one review saying that the controls were too confusing for the temp control in the Enclave.

All those buttons make me think of the cockpit of an airplane! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
OK - I just checked it out again. And to answer sadim91's question - it won't hurt lambda sales because no one with legs can sit in that third row. But I will give a thumbs up :thumb: to the hidden storage compartment and the cooler.

·
Registered
69 Posts
axiama you can't be serious about the acadia interior. you might prefer the Enclave, but for those who like a little more masculine touch the Acadia is no slouch. just ask the guy that started this forum and bought one. All of the Lambdas blow this Dodge away.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Hmmm... Sorry, I just can't get over the red dashboard in the Acadia. I was completely prepared to love it just like I love our 03 Envoy but it wasn't happening.

EDIT: THIS IS AN OPINION NOT A FACT

·
Registered
69 Posts
I get that it is an opinion just like we agree to disagree on cloth vs. leather but I went on edmunds site because I haven't looked at the Acadia interior in a while. I have to say, the only red I could pick up was on part of the two gauges and the needles-and that could be orange. Either way I thought it looked sharp, just not as curvy as the Enclave. Apples vs Oranges compared to that underpowered Dodge with the skinny seats! I did like the stowaway cooler in the floor but would never trust my 16 year old with that option.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
When we first looked at the Acadia it was at night. Once the head lights went on the entire interior interior lit up red. My first thought was of Dana Carvey on SNL - "Could it be... SATAN." No thank you, I don't need to go on a test drive. When I tried explaining to the salesman that I didn't like the red lights he gave me this exact look: :tard:

It was painful for my husband because he loves the Acaida exterior but he agreed with me on the interior. Anyway, alls well than ends well. We both love the Enclave.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yep, if that is the case that would be a major turnoff for me as well. Especially if I bought in the daytime and didn't notice until after the fact.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I think that is funny...what if you did buy in the daylight, only to find out you hated the display lights! OMG, what would you do...what could you do?![/color]

:puke: :mope:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts