EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 167k enclave. had just installed 67,500 mile JY tranny reusing techm. refurbished rest of car, so i doubt other components caused shudder....

maiden voyage driving 5 miles outside neiborhood, 40-50mph. i noticed slight shuddering a few times

dex6 was topped, i did not have cooling lines installed to the xmission cooler. i tied them back and used a jumper hose to connect. i knew fluid was not cooled so engine wasn’t on more than time it took to loop the five miles

i did not connect my thermal couple meter to know line temps

the preceding drives had hd radiator cooling lines installed and no issue

maybe just tcm relearning? air buddies working way through techm?

i’ve since installed an external filter/cooler. a week in service and only 1 stumble on day one when shifting a gear.

i’m putting this out there wondering if someone else comes across this. we determine tranny performs better w cooler fluids?

·
Registered
395 Posts
2009 167k enclave. had just installed 67,500 mile JY tranny reusing techm. refurbished rest of car, so i doubt other components caused shudder....

maiden voyage driving 5 miles outside neiborhood, 40-50mph. i noticed slight shuddering a few times

dex6 was topped, i did not have cooling lines installed to the xmission cooler. i tied them back and used a jumper hose to connect. i knew fluid was not cooled so engine wasn’t on more than time it took to loop the five miles

i did not connect my thermal couple meter to know line temps

the preceding drives had hd radiator cooling lines installed and no issue

maybe just tcm relearning? air buddies working way through techm?

i’ve since installed an external filter/cooler. a week in service and only 1 stumble on day one when shifting a gear.

i’m putting this out there wondering if someone else comes across this. we determine tranny performs better w cooler fluids?
Did it shudder before? It was the TECHM that caused it in our 2008. Would shift fine under hard load, but driving normal it did the shudder as if it were having trouble deciding what gear to shift into.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my observation is it shuddered several times on my first 4 mile drive outside neighborhood after newer junkyard tranny instal. i looped the tranny cooling lines to bypass radiator cooler during my startup checkouts.

the next drive i removed the loop and reconnected xmission lines to the rad cooler. 2 weeks now and hasn’t returned, and since installed external cooler/filter.

it was either air at startup in fluid?.. or fluid too hot causing shudder? just putting this out there incase others notice elevated tranny fluid contributes to shudder.

there is prior history on this car. i have about 50 posts how i removed engine and replaced $7k worth of parts to refurbish car. the only tranny part not replaced is techm.

condition has not returned since rad cooler installed. makes me wonder if there’s a correlation in elevated tranny temps and shudder? if anyone else observes this, please post. could help others down the road

1 - 3 of 3 Posts