EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
138,000 Miles and the THIRD engine in this car (2 replacement engines). I have owned this car for 5 years and it has been nothing but trouble. Went on a road trip this past weekend and the transmission started slipping when going over 60MPH. It got worse as the trip went on, but thankfully we made it home. Has anyone else experienced this? There are no engine warning lights on either. I read a few threads about a wave plate - reverse seems to be working just fine. I did notice the spike in RPMs occasionally when the slips would occur. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know what to do - it's just the latest in a long string of problems and throwing money away on this lemon of a car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should do some online searching on 2009 Enclave wave plates. I had mine go out at around 80,000 miles - was still covered under warranty at the time. Depending upon your in-service date, yours may be also (Buick issued an extended warranty coverage based on this transmission wave plate condition). From what little information you provided, the start of a wave plate failure could be one potential cause.

Two engine replacements already? That is extremely unusual. Except for the timing chain wear and the issue with COP ignition coils on these engines, they normally have proven to be very durable engines. Your situation with engine replacements is not normal at all.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My waveplate symptom was that it was it was stuck in second or third gear with no reverse. I have not heard of a 3-5-R waveplate that slipped at 60MPH. Is your transmission level good?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My waveplate problem same as Electbc's and was fixed by GM in 2012. I'm the original owner of my 2008 which has 258K miles on its original engine (still has even compression!). Three engines? Yikes!!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I would have unloaded and dumped it after the 2nd engine replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing