EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the "watch" thread and a thousand others (okay, not a thousand, but still) threads of people asking about the 2009's, but here once and for all is the direct posting of the changes and also the link to the guides so you can see how things are now bundled and standard/optional.

Enclave
Deletions
Exterior color (67U) Platinum Metallic
Exterior color (78U) Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic

New Features
Exterior color (17U) Quicksilver Metallic

Exterior color (92U) Silver Green Metallic

(UBS) Real Time Traffic XM
(UPF) Bluetooth phone interface
(KB6) Seats, heated and cooled driver and front passenger
(LLT) Engine, 3.6L Variable Valve Timing V6 SIDI Direct Injection
Optional (UVC) Rearview camera system added to inside rearview mirror

Highlights
(PCU) Entertainment Package #1 no longer includes 6-CD changer
(KV1) 110-volt port power inverter is now in all Entertainment Packages and has been removed from the (PCK) Luxury Package
(PCI) Driver Confidence Package now includes (UVC) Rearview camera system

And the link. To see the guides and how the standards/options are, click Print Book then Print Model and Print and you will get the full PDF.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...egionID=1&divisionID=4&vehicleID=6795&type=0#

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hugely interesting. Among many other things, the Traverse gets 17/18/20" wheels while the Enclave continues to get 18/19". Too, no mention in the 2009 Enclave's description of side mirrors that they have enhanced visibility for blind spots, while the Traverse website specifically cites this enhancement (click Safety and Technology at http://www.chevrolet.com/traverse/)

You've got to wonder whether the similarly attractive Traverse at reportedly less money will pull sales away from the Enclave. After all, if GM is going to put all the latest goodies on the Traverse and leave one or more off the Enclave, why pay more to get less?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lingohocken said:
Hugely interesting. Among many other things, the Traverse gets 17/18/20" wheels while the Enclave continues to get 18/19". Too, no mention in the 2009 Enclave's description of side mirrors that they have enhanced visibility for blind spots, while the Traverse website specifically cites this enhancement (click Safety and Technology at http://www.chevrolet.com/traverse/)

You've got to wonder whether the similarly attractive Traverse at reportedly less money will pull sales away from the Enclave. After all, if GM is going to put all the latest goodies on the Traverse and leave one or more off the Enclave, why pay more to get less?
There's really nothing it didn't get, aside from even larger wheels--but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It got cooled seats, it got the rearview mirror backup camera, Direct Injection, XM NavTraffic, etc., etc. Just not everything is listed on that initial "New for 2009" snippet posted.

The Buick will remain the "ultimate" and the new features will just spread across all the Lambdas, in various forms, but each will still be distinguished as they are...such as the Buick with it's most opulent look inside & out, big difference in quiet, most standard features, etc. As for the Traverse, that will be like the Acadia now. Many will look at it and the Enclave, but when it comes right down to it, some just won't buy a Chevy, some will continue to be astounded by the Buick differences, etc. Each will have its own group of buyers, just like now with the 3

·
Registered
83 Posts
caddycruiser said:
We have the "watch" thread and a thousand others (okay, not a thousand, but still) threads of people asking about the 2009's, but here once and for all is the direct posting of the changes and also the link to the guides so you can see how things are now bundled and standard/optional.

Enclave
Deletions
Exterior color (67U) Platinum Metallic
Exterior color (78U) Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic

New Features
Exterior color (17U) Quicksilver Metallic

Exterior color (92U) Silver Green Metallic

(UBS) Real Time Traffic XM
(UPF) Bluetooth phone interface
(KB6) Seats, heated and cooled driver and front passenger
(LLT) Engine, 3.6L Variable Valve Timing V6 SIDI Direct Injection
Optional (UVC) Rearview camera system added to inside rearview mirror

Highlights
(PCU) Entertainment Package #1 no longer includes 6-CD changer
(KV1) 110-volt port power inverter is now in all Entertainment Packages and has been removed from the (PCK) Luxury Package
(PCI) Driver Confidence Package now includes (UVC) Rearview camera system

And the link. To see the guides and how the standards/options are, click Print Book then Print Model and Print and you will get the full PDF.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...egionID=1&divisionID=4&vehicleID=6795&type=0#
I can live without the cooled seats - its cool enough in Germany most of the year, "my" color is deleted but I still like it, would have loved the rearview system, I will have one installed by Bosch to my car, what I really would have liked to get is the new engine, looks like those GM people found out they put an engine in the first cars that drinks too much gas

·
Registered
161 Posts
So what is the difference between Quicksilver Metalic and Platinum Metalic?

of course the wife wanted the Platinum and the discontinued it :-(

m

·
Registered
177 Posts
lingohocken said:
I concur, the Traverse WILL take some sales away from the Buick. On the same token, I bet the much larger Chevy network will get the word out even better on the Lambdas and will supply some new customers to the Enclave too. In the end, the Buick is the top end (until they make a Cady Lambda) and there are certainly many that will take that route. There will also, however, be many considering if those last few things are worth the last few thousand dollars (aka, "is the juice worth the squeeze"). And no one ever mentions that the Acadia offers the tailgate area radio controls for tailgating. No other Lambda offers that.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Interestingly, GM's official Acadia dealer site (thanks, Caddycruiser :thumb:) now gives horsepower and torque for the 2009's new VVT/DI engine:
3.6L SIDI V6 290 hp @ 6600 rpm, 251 lb-ft of torque @ 3200 rpm, estimated.
See http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2009&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=6650&section=oi_def&page=7&butID=16

What's mighty peculiar is 1) that the dual-exhaust version of the forthcoming Chevy Traverse is supposedly to have 286 hp, only four hp less, and 2) even with the added 15 horses, the 2009 Acadia's nominal torque is identical to that of the 2008 Enclave (251 @ 3200). ???

The official 2009 Acadia site, like that of the 2009 Enclave, makes no mention of enhanced side-view mirrors, either, even though the official Traverse site mentions these.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
txhokie4life said:
So what is the difference between Quicksilver Metalic and Platinum Metalic?

of course the wife wanted the Platinum and the discontinued it :-(

m
Essentially, nothing, or at least nothing the typical human eye will see. Still silver, just another slight reformulation that in reality should look no different. So if you wanted a Platinum one, you'll want a Quicksilver one exactly the same, in person. Silver stays silver.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lingohocken said:
Interestingly, GM's official Acadia dealer site (thanks, Caddycruiser :thumb:) now gives horsepower and torque for the 2009's new VVT/DI engine: See http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2009&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=6650&section=oi_def&page=7&butID=16

What's mighty peculiar is 1) that the dual-exhaust version of the forthcoming Chevy Traverse is supposedly to have 286 hp, only four hp less, and 2) even with the added 15 horses, the 2009 Acadia's nominal torque is identical to that of the 2008 Enclave (251 @ 3200). ???

The official 2009 Acadia site, like that of the 2009 Enclave, makes no mention of enhanced side-view mirrors, either, even though the official Traverse site mentions these.
They're actually still finalizing numbers, of which may change--if you go into the Saturn Outlook ordering guide, for instance, the horsepower and torque numbers are still filled in by ???.

Most likely, all 4 will get the same ratings as they have now, only changed by single vs. dual exhaust. 290 seems likely, but we'll see.

·
Registered
161 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Essentially, nothing, or at least nothing the typical human eye will see. Still silver, just another slight reformulation that in reality should look no different. So if you wanted a Platinum one, you'll want a Quicksilver one exactly the same, in person. Silver stays silver.
Thanks -- that is what I figured -- wonder why they even bothered.....

My guess where there was a shade difference -- platinum being a "dirty" silver if you know what I mean.
I had a platinum 300M -- looked good.

m

·
Registered
314 Posts
Most likely, all 4 will get the same ratings as they have now, only changed by single vs. dual exhaust. 290 seems likely, but we'll see.
Makes sense, and presumably the reduced horsepower and greatly reduced torque over the Caddy 3.6L VVT/DI results from tweaks to generate improved mileage. It'll be great when the EPA numbers are out on that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question for the masses. The only thing I would want that isnt avaiable on the 2008 are the cooled seats. We live in Oklahoma and I use the heated seats on my Nissan Maxima, but this summer we are moving to Florida. And wonder if the cooled seats are worth the cost (09 vs 08) and if any has any experience with the GM cooled seat product?

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wouldn't even remotely consider the Ebony leather interior without cooled seats, and even then, I won't take an Ebony interior, because I live in Florida. Even with good tinting, or even a windshield shade, the interior gets BLISTERING hot during the summer when left in the sun. As for the lighter interiors, they'll still get very hot during the summer but I've never dealt with cooled or heated seats before.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I haven't owned the GM version of the cooled seats, but I have owned an Expedition with this feature. We LOVED it. Long trips are so much more enjoyable on leather with the cooling feature. I would imagine that in a warmer climate (we are in the north) that it would be even more appreciated. If you are going for an 09, AND living in Florida - don't even give it a second thought - DO IT!

·
Registered
161 Posts
TourGuide said:
I haven't owned the GM version of the cooled seats, but I have owned an Expedition with this feature. We LOVED it. Long trips are so much more enjoyable on leather with the cooling feature. I would imagine that in a warmer climate (we are in the north) that it would be even more appreciated. If you are going for an 09, AND living in Florida - don't even give it a second thought - DO IT!
The chilled seats, bluetooth, and DI -- triple play for me!
Totally why I've decided to wait on an '09.

m

·
Registered
288 Posts
[
txhokie4life said:
The chilled seats, bluetooth, and DI -- triple play for me!
Totally why I've decided to wait on an '09.

m
]

OH YEAH Baby!! I'll be RIGHT there with ya!

·
Registered
288 Posts
txhokie4life said:
Wonder if we can manage a discount on a forum group buy :)

he he,

m
LOL - We can dream, right?

-TG

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Wow! THKS Caddycruiser for the info!! Don't all forget that only Enclave has Laminated front side windows for quiet running and about 50lbs more sound deadening materials added per car! This alone makes the Enclave a premo sled above the others! 20' wheels be damned for their harsh ride......unless you like the looks enough ;)
As for power in the new DFI engine, yes, more HP at high RPM but most importantly, same torque at Lower RPM's than the '08 3.6 VVT eng. Maybe the torque availability at lower RPM will put smiles on the transmissions (and some posters here!) faces?

Gotta drive it, and see how they programmed the tranny.............

Pls consider Jimbobwae advice and go "cool" for FL and NO ebony interior!!

PS, the little back-up camera option, in the inside rearview mirror, is cute and a good way to save $$ VS buying the NAV system at $2500 just to get a 7" camera view. But try it first.....it's a tiny image and some won't find it useful. Sorry, no experience w/cooled GM seats yet.

Congrats to all who waited. I think you bested me!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: 2009 Enclave Official Changes - CD Changer

I am curious as to why they would remove the 6 disc CD changer for the 2009 without adding some type of media device docking station. :(

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Missy

1 - 20 of 86 Posts