EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't know if the Enclave's fan runs constantly when the A/C is on or if it is controlled by a pressure switch, but if you park it with the A/C on, the fan has to kick in at some point or the head pressure will go through the roof. You should be able to see and hear the fan coming on. If it is not coming on, do NOT sit in traffic or parked with the A/C on as this can cause damage to the system. The fan system will be fused and most likely have some sort of relay as well. The fuse will be a high amp fuse of 30 or more amps and probably a large style fuse under the hood. If it is blown, I would "guess" the fan might be faulty or going in that direction. If you have the driver's handbook, it should have the fuse and relay locations. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know if the Enclave's fan runs constantly when the A/C is on or if it is controlled by a pressure switch, but if you park it with the A/C on, the fan has to kick in at some point or the head pressure will go through the roof. You should be able to see and hear the fan coming on. If it is not coming on, do NOT sit in traffic or parked with the A/C on as this can cause damage to the system. The fan system will be fused and most likely have some sort of relay as well. The fuse will be a high amp fuse of 30 or more amps and probably a large style fuse under the hood. If it is blown, I would "guess" the fan might be faulty or going in that direction. If you have the driver's handbook, it should have the fuse and relay locations. Good luck.

I appreciate the feedback. Where is the fan located? I'm assuming somewhere on the radiator, maybe the top back side?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It depends if it's a puller or pusher. It will be either between the radiator and engine (Puller) or in front of the condenser which will be in front of the radiator (Pusher) It should be a large fan most likely black plastic blades. It should be easy to find. Maybe electbc will chime in here. He's pretty familiar with these vehicles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mpmangum, Most vehicle's only use 1 fan for engine cooling and A/C. If that's the case with yours and it's not running you will also run the risk of overheating the engine so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mpmangum, Most vehicle's only use 1 fan for engine cooling and A/C. If that's the case with yours and it's not running you will also run the risk of overheating the engine so keep that in mind.
I think the Enclave has a separate fan. I can order one as a whole assembly. It appears to be much smaller than the engine fan as best I can tell.

I'll keep digging though. I appreciate the warning about engine overheating. I haven't noticed that it's been doing that, but I'll monitor it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts