EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2010 Enclave CXL with 58,000 miles on it about a month ago. At 60,000 miles I took it to my local GM dealership with complaints from my wife regarding difficulty turning at low speeds and a constant humming noise from the steering column. The dealership determined that the power steering pump needed to be replaced as well as the rack. The dealership stated they could replace the power steering pump under warranty, but not the rack. After scouring the internet, I came upon this forum indicating that this is a notorious problem for many other owners of this model year of the Enclave. Has anyone had any luck getting GM to cover the cost to fix this issue given that it appears to be a very prevalent problem with the vehicle?

·
Registered
1 Posts
our '11 has been in 3 times for this. dealer replaced pump 3 times under warranty. my BIL, who was the mechanic at the dealership at the time, said it needs a new rack and GM won't pay for them...he's since moved on to a better shop, and my warranty is about up, so i'll be doing the work myself...and yes, extremely common problem.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Richard101 said:
I purchased a 2010 Enclave CXL with 58,000 miles on it about a month ago. At 60,000 miles I took it to my local GM dealership with complaints from my wife regarding difficulty turning at low speeds and a constant humming noise from the steering column. The dealership determined that the power steering pump needed to be replaced as well as the rack. The dealership stated they could replace the power steering pump under warranty, but not the rack. After scouring the internet, I came upon this forum indicating that this is a notorious problem for many other owners of this model year of the Enclave. Has anyone had any luck getting GM to cover the cost to fix this issue given that it appears to be a very prevalent problem with the vehicle?
Yes the rack was replaced three times and the pump once under the GMPP warranty on my 2010. Didn't has any issues since the last fix at about 70K miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Richard101 said:
we bought ours new in 08. it presently only has 56K miles and the rack has been replace 3 times.
gm picked up the first 2 under warranty, but the dealer is now calling it a "steering gear" to obfuscate the problem.
it's a design flaw IMHO that can't handle the prominent torque steer and is the weakest link.
it is an assembly that they simply replace and costs less than $300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts