EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reported on this before on this forum. Have a 2010 Buick Enclave with 46000 miles on it. The steering rack was replaced when vehicle was 6 months old, now I have had to replace it again. Now I did not think it would do any good, however I called Buick about this issue. This may have been the most discouraging phone call I have ever made. Yes I talked to two different "live" ladies, at least I think they were alive. It was without a doubt the closest thing to a recording that could have been. You could tell that with all the steering problems with these cars, that these ladies had a written script to follow. After talking with both ladies, I was not sure if I had been talking live or if I was getting a recording. My question to them, since this is a known problem and since I have already had this problem when the car was 6 months old, could you as a "good will" gesture, help me with some of the cost. This was my recorded answer. Since the NHTA has not at this time issued a recall, Buick's hands are tied. I once again asked can you not help as a good will gesture and once again I was told that Buick just could not do anything since the NHTA has not issued a recall. However they said you should keep your receipt incase a recall happens. I will tell you this, I am ticked off, this is one sorry car company. They put out these cars with all kinds of problems and then blow you off.
This car has already had AC repaired, it has had to have a water pump(thank goodness for someone on this forum, as Buick originally charged me for that) Sometimes you have to drive the car 20 miles or more before the dash lights come on and the radio at times will not cut off. You get out of the car after turning off the ignition and shut the door and radio keeps playing. Sometimes it will cut off in 2 or 3 minutes, other times after about 30 minutes you have to go and open and shut the door 5 to l0 times to get radio to cut off.
As I said in an earlier post on this forum, my wife loves the quite and smooth ride, however we cannot afford to keep it running. Now they may very well be other car companies out there that are as sorry as Buick, but you can bet I will be giving one or more of them a chance for my business. Once I can get rid of this one, there will be no more Buicks to park in my garage.
WWC
PS I was also told that my dealer would contact me with either 24-48 or 72 hours.(not sure) However it has been 3 weeks and I have not heard a word. Am I surprised, not in the least. I thought at one time we had a Buick rep monitoring this forum, what happened to that?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
sorry to hear.

I have a similar 2010 (traverse).
No AC issues,
117,500 on the factory PS pump and steering gear.

I did have the water pump fail though.

What about the door jamb switch?
also- checked the plugs on the door for water intrusion?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Yet another story for the files, terrible. We as consumers deserve much better. If we don't believe that, then I guess we do deserve to go through the above, over, and over.

I had a bad experience at BMW after 9 years. Not my normal dealership, but the one close to work. They broke something on my car and denied. I went through all the normal channels, nothing. Thank goodness I could fix what they broke for free (lifetime warranty from the eTailer) and 1 hour of my own time. Out of principle, I wanted them to pay $30.

2 mos. later, out of the blue, I get the what can we do to make it right phone call, this was mishandled and fell through the cracks. I said you can give me $30, but I won't be back. This person says we can do so much better than that, and we want you back, is there anything more we can do than $30? So I mention a $2,500 job, and make a g** laugh because I wasn't actually serious. The guy says we can do that, you just let me know when you want to schedule it, and I'll handle it. Point is, a $2,500 job is something, but not all that much, to the dealership. First, there is 5 hours of labor, that's nothing, they already have 41 service bays and technicians. Secondly, there is $1,000 retail, worth of parts, which may be $350 to them. This is internal to the dealership, no involvement with BMWNA. They're willing to do it, to resolve a complaint. GM should be willing to do the same. But they don't have or place the same value on their reputation.

I just purchased a used Lexus, and have gone to the dealer for some odd jobs. I have located a Japanese indie for the major jobs (like timing belt) that will come up in a year. Lexus is another level--puts even BMW to shame. And what's amazing, is the prices are not high. Supposedly, they are higher than Toyota, but significantly lower than the German cars. Example is a 4 wheel alignment--$89.95. BMW is $199 but $149 with a coupon.

Spend $89.95 at Lexus, and spend $89.95 at GM. The treatment is night, and day. Those who are mistreated by GM, should really see what it's like to be treated human again elsewhere. Beyond the fancy snacks, premium bottled water, and free loaner cars, it's refreshing to be greeted by people who have a customer service oriented attitude.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts