EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 buick enclave cxl with under 80000 miles . Sometimes it will stay in park and wont come out for min i just sit and wait. I don't know what the problem is . It does make a little click sound when you press the button in on the gear shifter and thats it every time i press the gear shifter until it lets me put it in drive. Ive searched the web and find some things not much. want to see if I can fix myself before a dealer.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Im wondering if the solenoids are failing- and or gummed up,
Taking a while before it engages and allows you to shift.
You should hear 2 clicks- 1 when you press the brake. and 2nd when you press the shifter button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thats what happens. Have to wait now like 5 min before it will let me put it in drive or another gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im wondering if the solenoids are failing- and or gummed up,
Taking a while before it engages and allows you to shift.
You should hear 2 clicks- 1 when you press the brake. and 2nd when you press the shifter button.
yes you hear the first click in shifter then in brake and

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
836 Posts
This is what the solenoid should look like.

A low battery can also prevent shifting.
Shifting Out of Park The vehicle is equipped with an electronic shift lock release system. The shift lock release is designed to: . Prevent ignition key removal unless the shift lever is in P (Park) with the shift lever button fully released, and . Prevent movement of the shift lever out of P (Park), unless the ignition is in ON/RUN or ACC/ ACCESSORY and the regular brake pedal is applied. The shift lock release is always functional except in the case of an uncharged or low voltage (less than 9 volt) battery. If the vehicle has an uncharged battery or a battery with low voltage, try charging or jump starting the battery. See Jump Starting on page 10‑80 for more information. To shift out of P (Park): 1. Apply the brake pedal. 2. Press the shift lever button. 3. Move the shift lever to the desired position. If you still are unable to shift out of P (Park): 1. Fully release the shift lever button. 2. While holding down the brake pedal, press the shift lever button again. 3. Move the shift lever to the desired position. If you still cannot move the shift lever from P (Park), see your dealer/retailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts