EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont undertand why there isnt a recall on all these motors! 180 thousand miles 2nd owner and motor blew. (First owner was elder couple) Known and common problem from timing chain. Recall put out for 2009 but 2010 not covered! I still owe 10 grand!! Just recently spoke to another 09 enclave owner 120 thousand miles stretched timing chain. And another owner of 09 Acadia motor blown because of timing chain they both owe more than 3 grand! And no one wants to do the work! Even if you have the money for the repairs! Buick do something about this. Not No extended warranty thats just crap! Throw out some recalls an make customers happy. If not y'all better do something before you create more unhappy customers. I see bankrupt happening in your near future!

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Sorry to hear.
Quick history from the forums (enclave, acadia, traverse).
owners on the forums of 2009/2010 began to do used oil analysis back on 2009-2011.
Including me. We noticed that extended oil change intervals showed high counts of iron. This pointed to something wearing.
Couple that with cold temperatures, short drives, Direct injection, and fuel in oil, and that lead to even higher iron counts.
So many of us began to change our oil change intervals. Instead of going up to 10,000 miles @ 0% oil use. We cut it down to at most 5000 miles @ 50% OLM.
Also checking oil levels often. Making sure that oil levels stayed up.

What happened was some vehicles also burned oil as the vehicles increased in mileage. Low oil levels led to some oil sludge and blocking of passages and the oil just getting beat up by the nature of Direct injection.
So Im knocking on wood- that I dont run into the chain issue.
I do monitor oil levels and change at most 5000 miles.
My last used oil analysis I had done at 150,000. I had low iron levels- pointing to normal engine wear.
I just turned 161,000.

Reactions: JayS
1 - 2 of 2 Posts