EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Buick Enclave
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Enclave CXL has 200,000 miles on it. Recently my brakes started to drag and lockup without warning. I only use one foot for gas and brakes and I coast a lot to save gas. The brakes started dragging on the highway one day so I pulled over and let then cool for 30 minutes, took off and everything was fine. This happened a few more times till finally after stopping to cool them off the brakes were locked, had it towed to my mechanic. They replaced my master cylinder and fluid. Got about 5 miles down the road and the ABS, traction control and stabilitrak lights came on, pulled over and the brakes locked up again! Back to mechanic (Not a dealer) They said the only other installed other think they could think of was the ECM (Computer and brains) Ordered a new one, AC Delco/Bosch and had it programmed. They installed and the brakes locked up and error codes came up. They tried to clear the codes but could not. It is time to go see the dealer but I am really concerned what the problem could be and how much more money I will spend. Can anyone tell me a logical answer and fix for this? Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
When were the brake pads replaced last?
Were new pads slides installed all around when the mechanic replaced the master cylinder?
The only time I had a brake drag on my 08 Outlook and now 15 Enclave is when the slides were corroded and the pads could not release, new pads, slides and lubrication cured this.
If the brakes are engaging due to a computer output then you would need to hook up a Tech2 scanner or similar and check all the brake and wheel components for the proper signals. The stabilitrack may be engaging due to a erroneous signal, all those components are things like the yaw sensor, steering wheel position sensor and probably Brake Pedal Position sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts