EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Enclave stopped dead in the driveway. Would not restart. Tried new battery, still no go. Had towed to Buick dealership, was told the ECM was bad and had to be replaced. I was told you cannot buy a 'used' one or find an aftermarket one. My car has been at the dealership for 3 months now and still no part. In the meantime while my car has been sitting at the dealer, someone stole the Catalytic Converter from my car. I am so frustrated as the dealership told me they never get the part in. Does anyone know if you can get an aftermarket one and if so, where?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
962 Posts
I believe they can be reprogrammed to you VIN so you can buy a new one and have it programmed , a used one and have it reprogrammed or buy one already programmed to your vin, Check Ebay. I didn't find one at Rockauto or GM parts now. Do find another dealer. Call around your area, a dealer doesn't need to program it, a tech with the proper equipment can program it. My mechanic has a guy who comes to him when GM vehicles need programming.

·
Registered
463 Posts
GM instructed my dealer to reprogram the BCM module on my 2013 Enclave and if that didn't fix the issue with mine going into limp mode to replace it, IT DID!. My issue was a warranty claim. GM did not want to replace the BCM module until it was reprogrammed. I would call around to a local garage that can program one and explain the situation to them. Your dealer should have a fixed operating director, If this was me I would be speaking with them. I had to get this person & GM involved with my issue to get mine fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts