EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally changed both head gaskets, radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses, valves, and timing chains. I make sure to burb the cooling system properly and it still will slightly overheat when going uphill. 210 is the operating temp and it will rise to 230-235. I just changed the oil pressure sensor because it would intermittently go off and idle harshly. Any suggestions? I'm worried it may be the block. All in all it still has pretty decent power and gas mileage for having 110k miles

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oddly enough, check to see if the fans are spinning. If not, wiggle and clean the electrical connectors that feed them.

My 2011 had not-very-cold A/C and slightly elevated temps, after farting around with refrigerant and checking for leaks, turned out the fan wasn't coming on.
While troubleshooting that and unplugging things to check voltages and continuity, it started working again. Go figure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did it overheat before you did the work? Have you replaced the thermostat? What antifreeze did you use and what concentration?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts