EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want government to put its fingers in it. But I cannot see a force that could make auto companies to not negotiate the prices across the board other than that. So, I guess the "firm price" will never happen This could work only if all of them would have to stick to it.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
armywife said:
oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want government to put its fingers in it. But I cannot see a force that could make auto companies to not negotiate the prices across the board other than that. So, I guess the "firm price" will never happen This could work only if all of them would have to stick to it.
Yeah, good luck on having all of them stick to a firm price - Saturn tried it & eventually knuckled under...

But, I agree, it'd have its advantages... :cheers:

·
Registered
414 Posts
What no Ming Blue for the E anymore?? The other changes were understandable. They are taking alot away from the CX. I was surprised they didn't loose the HID's on the CX. Does this mean that there will be a price reduction on the CX?

I am interested on what has changed with the other brands. Last I looked at Pontiac they completely screwed up the G6. Why not just get rid of it if they aren't going to do anything with it. No 3.6/6speed except for the GTP. I don't remember seeing the 4cyl with a 6sp either (why why why). We had a 07 G6 GT and it was perfect except I wish it had the 3.6/6 sp combo and dual exhausts. The Malibu and the Aura get both set ups but the G6 (which I think looks better) is left out.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
MingGOBlue08 said:
What no Ming Blue for the E anymore?? The other changes were understandable. They are taking alot away from the CX. I was surprised they didn't loose the HID's on the CX. Does this mean that there will be a price reduction on the CX?
I am interested on what has changed with the other brands. Last I looked at Pontiac they completely screwed up the G6. Why not just get rid of it if they aren't going to do anything with it. No 3.6/6speed except for the GTP. I don't remember seeing the 4cyl with a 6sp either (why why why). We had a 07 G6 GT and it was perfect except I wish it had the 3.6/6 sp combo and dual exhausts. The Malibu and the Aura get both set ups but the G6 (which I think looks better) is left out.
:happy: :happy: :happy:  They won't change the price...it's only the options that are not available on the CX, base price will most likely be up like all the rest.  However, there may be a chance to find one on a dealer lot for considerable less than any CX out there now, because the dealerships usually load their inventory with most options. I can see the HID lights going away in 2011, you bring up a good point. However, things like that was what made us decide on the Buick, all the standards on the CX.

·
Registered
414 Posts
kidsenclave said:
:happy: :happy: :happy: They won't change the price...it's only the options that are not available on the CX, base price will most likely be up like all the rest. However, there may be a chance to find one on a dealer lot for considerable less than any CX out there now, because the dealerships usually load their inventory with most options. I can see the HID lights going away in 2011, you bring up a good point. However, things like that was what made us decide on the Buick, all the standards on the CX.
Agreed.... We really decided on the E over the Acadia because of the features that standard vs optional or not available. Also the warranty was a big factor as the price of an loaded E was not much more than a loaded Acadia.
I do like parts of the Acadia better than the E. I liked the center stack of the Acadia better (the nav unit is flush to the rest of the stack). The E's nav sticks out and looks like an after thought. This could be changed by adding a piece of wood trim around the nav and climate control units to give it a more finished look. I also like the red interior lights better (Most of my cars have been Pontiacs and I prefer this set up). We were looking at a 08 WDT Acadia which doesn't look as good as it does on the E.
I still don't understand why all the plastic on the bottom of the bumper and sides of the Acadia. I was also hoping for a monochromatic option on the E, like they did for the Rendezvous after a few years. I have seen a WDT in town that had the lower section painted to match. That is one color that was in the running because of the way the upper and lower colors matched on the E better than any other color combo.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I'm just hoping that they don't decide to delete something from the exterior on the cx. For now, both trims look the same from the outside, except for the wheels, but looks like that will change for the 2010's.

MingGOBlue08 said:
I liked the center stack of the Acadia better (the nav unit is flush to the rest of the stack). The E's nav sticks out and looks like an after thought. This could be changed by adding a piece of wood trim around the nav and climate control units to give it a more finished look.
Would this be what you are looking for:

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
kidsenclave said:
I'm just hoping that they don't decide to delete something from the exterior on the cx. For now, both trims look the same from the outside, except for the wheels, but looks like that will change for the 2010's.
Would this be what you are looking for:
Thanks for the photo. I actually think that some of those pieces would look good (That is a bit much for me). Put in the right places would look nice, esp in the second and third row. My parents 05 Escalade had a similar package but they decided to pick and choose which pieces to have installed and which to leave out.

My point is the previous post was that the Acadia has silver trim that surrounds the side of the nav, climate control, heated seat switches and the other buttons which makes it flush and look clean. Where as the E's radio/Nav unit is raised higher. The pic that you attached makes it look less noticeable (maybe I am just picky) bit I think the Acadia's design flows better.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
armywife said:
No matter what color it is, I still think that the screen is just too low for navigation unit.
I'm with you - people look at me kinda funny when I set the Garmin atop the dash when we have a built-in, but I much prefer a unit at eye-level...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can't imagine not having a power sunshade for the rear panel. Maybe it is a manual shade...

Does it look as if the 2010 CXL will come standard with 20" rims or just another $3000 upgrade like 2009?

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the 2010 Enclave Order Reference Guide I did not notice any significant changes compared to the 2009 Enclave.

The 2010 Guide included an All Season Tires option, 6, 8, & 12 Spoke Chrome Rims options, and a Remote Keyless Entry without a Remote Start (probably for those that do not order the Remote Start).

Other than the above mentioned, I could not see any changes over the 2009 Enclaves. I think most expected nothing but wheel rim changes. If you are in the market for an Enclave and will be keeping your car for a few years, a 2009 might be a good buy. 2010's might be higher priced.

·
Registered
577 Posts
How about an Enclave with some of the Lucerne features (lane depature, Blind spot monitor?, 8 way passenger, back to the 4 way lumbar, heated steering wheel for people up North..., Harmon/Kardon sounds better than Bose?, interior air filtering.

Sounds a little like a Super minus the V8 engine.

Maybe the 2012 if GM is in good shape?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Canuck said:
How about an Enclave with some of the Lucerne features (lane depature, Blind spot monitor?, 8 way passenger, back to the 4 way lumbar, heated steering wheel for people up North..., Harmon/Kardon sounds better than Bose?, interior air filtering.

Sounds a little like a Super minus the V8 engine.

Maybe the 2012 if GM is in good shape?
Maybe... Right now, when the wagons are circled & there's incoming from all directions, survival measures are in order...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Would be nice if they could put the USB connector on the 09 Enclaves! Would love to be able to plug in & control the ipod

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Tralfaz said:
Okay, this was just posted today. As always, "specifications and features subject to change at any time without notice". This is all we have so far; looks like changes are minimal. I would expect pricing to rise about 5-8%.

2010 NEW FEATURES
colors •
(97U) Sand Beige Metallic –
(GGU) Gray Green Metallic –
Offered in spring 2010 •
(AQQ) Remote Keyless Entry with •
no remote start provision
(QQD) P255/55R20 all-season •
blackwall tires
(PPE) 20" chrome-clad •
aluminum wheels

2010 NEW FEATURES
2010 Lineup Comparable 2009 Packaging
• CX •
1CXL • CXL plus the following option •
(PCI) Driver Confidence Package, which includes the –
following features
(BTV) Remote vehicle starter system •
(UD7) Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist •
(UVC) Rearview camera system •
2CXL • CXL plus the following options •
(PCI) Driver Confidence Package –
(KB6) Heated and cooled driver and front passenger seats –
(PCK) Luxury Package, which includes the following features –
(DNP) Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding •
and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color mirrors with
integrated turn signal indicators and driver-side memory
(TSH) Articulating headlamps •
(N38) Power tilt and telescopic steering column •

CHANGES FROM 2009
(P64) 19" 15-spoke machined •
aluminum wheels are now standard
on CX
(UD7) Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist •
no longer includes rearview LED
display lights
Note: audible warning is still included
(C3U) Power sunroof no longer includes •
power sunshade and is no longer
available on CX
(DK1) Second row center console is •
no longer available on CX
Radio changes •
(PCU) Entertainment Package #1 –
is now (PCU) Bose Sound System
(UVA) Entertainment Package #2 is –
now (UUJ) audio system with Rear
Seat Entertainment and is no longer
available on CX
(U3R) Entertainment Package #3 –
is now (UUM) audio system with
navigation and is no longer
available on CX
(UZR) Entertainment Package #4 is –
now (U4H) audio system with Rear
Seat Entertainment and navigation
and is no longer available on CX
(PCI) Driver Confidence Package is now •
standard on 1CXL; package includes:
(UD7) Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist –
(BTV) Remote vehicle starter system –
(UVC) Rearview camera system –
Inside rearview mirror with display –
(KB6) Heated and cooled driver and •
front passenger seats are no longer
available on 1CXL
(PCK) Luxury Package is no longer •
available on 1CXL; package includes:
(TSH) Articulating headlamps –
(DNP) Outside auto-dimming driver- –
side, power-folding body-color heated
mirrors with turn signal indicators
(N38) Power tilt and telescopic –
steering column

DELETIONS FROM 2009
colors •
(12U) Dark Crimson Metallic –
(25U) Ming Blue Metallic –
(51U) Gold Mist Metallic –
(QLW) P255/65R18-109S Goodyear all-season blackwall tires •
(PZ3) 18" 6-double-spoke painted aluminum wheels •
(QS6) 18" 6-double-spoke machined aluminum wheels •
DELETIONS FROM 2009

Just curious, are they getting rid of the silver green for 2010? Over at the Traverse forum, they mention that for 2010, the 92U Silver Moss is going away, so just wondering if it will for the Enclave too? I see there's a new Gray Green....so why would they need two so similar colors?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
18 Participants
kidsenclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing