EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me any my wife are looking for a more family friendly vehicle. We have found a 2010 Enclave CXL AWD with 111k miles on it. Is there anything that i need to be aware of when looking at this vehicle since it has over 100k miles on it and because of the age? Also, the asking price is only $14k.

·
Registered
795 Posts
In 2010 they were still having wave plate problems with the tranny and timing chain issues with the engine. Less of a problem in 2011. As for the price, it seems high for the mileage.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
gostate said:
In 2010 they were still having wave plate problems with the tranny and timing chain issues with the engine. Less of a problem in 2011. As for the price, it seems high for the mileage.
Agree. Also make sure the steering rack and pump have been replaced, and also the master brake cylinder and booster. Also make sure all recalls has been completed like the rear hatch struts and the seat belt connectors. Other than all that, a graet vehicle :banghead:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any way to know for sure if those things have been fixed? I was told that they would get me a carfax report but i am unsure what all that contains. I feel that i am pretty mechanically inclined since i can do most things myself until it comes to transmissions. The only thing is I dont want to get a vehicle that im gonna have to make payments on and also fix things.

·
Registered
462 Posts
HunterM said:
The only thing is I dont want to get a vehicle that im gonna have to make payments on and also fix things.
Then honestly, I think you need to rethink either your budget or vehicle choice. For $14k you have a lot of options for non luxury vehicles that won't be 7 years old with over 100k miles. Financing a car that old with that many miles as a primary vehicle is just a terrible idea, no matter what the make/model.

·
Registered
250 Posts
HunterM said:
So me any my wife are looking for a more family friendly vehicle. We have found a 2010 Enclave CXL AWD with 111k miles on it. Is there anything that i need to be aware of when looking at this vehicle since it has over 100k miles on it and because of the age? Also, the asking price is only $14k.
Welcome to the forum. I'm the original owner of a 2010 Buick E with 141k km (87k miles) and had to have the timing chains replaced in the summer of 2015 (luckily covered under extended warranty). I also have paint bubbles that appeared last summer. I like the car, but personally would not buy a used 2010 E. There are a lot of good threads on this forum reference 2010 E. Good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
JayS said:
Then honestly, I think you need to rethink either your budget or vehicle choice. For $14k you have a lot of options for non luxury vehicles that won't be 7 years old with over 100k miles. Financing a car that old with that many miles as a primary vehicle is just a terrible idea, no matter what the make/model.

^^^ Reality Check and Very Good Advice.

Also, it sounds like you are buying from a dealer and an overpriced vehicle. With a budget like yours, I would purchase from a private party and have a pre-purchase inspection done. You would get a newer car with less miles for the same money. Bottom line is a used car is a used car. Dealers do no where near the pre-checks and reconditioning as perceived by the consumer and Certified programs are a joke in many cases. In fact, based on my experiences, I would have ANY used car inspected before purchase even if sold by a dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts