EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the Enclave in for an oil change and I was told I have small oil leakage/seepage at the oil pan, rear main, and front engine cover. Estimate cost to repair is $3K. Vehicle is at 65K miles. Does that sound right?

I also started to notice either the vehicle had fail to shift into a higher gear a couple of time when I accelerate at +65mph. Don't know if the transmission slipped or it just failed to shift into the next gear up. I had to let go of the accelerator a couple of time to get it to shift.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Did they put dye in the oil and have you drive it for 500 miles before confirming the oil leak locations? I find it hard to believe they can say all that with out dye. I had a rear main leak on my truck and I knew that was the leak. The dealer put dye in it before confirming. Oil from the rear main seal was seeping but made it way on lots of stuff.

Do a dye test before you spend money on repairs

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really thought the Enclave would be the first GM vehicle I own that would not leak oil.

I don't know the proximity of the three locations of the leaks and if one location would drip on the others. They did not do a dye test since they say they can see seepage at those locations. Granted the leaks right now are not large enough to make it to the garage floor, but then the dealer said these leaks stop when the engine is not running.

I will now monitor the oil level more closely to see how bad are the leaks. Isn't $3K like a new transmission or something? I cannot believe it would cost that much to fix these oil leaks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just exactly is where is the rear main and front engine cover? Can I see it from the top with the hood up or would I need to look from the bottom?

·
Registered
150 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
That's a lot of leaks for a2011 with only 65K miles. WOW
I have to agree. Not too many cars that don't have seepage in those areas, That are really not a problem. Are you finding spots on the driveway, in the garage. that will be an indicator how bad the leak is. I do know these vehicles use some oil that should be checked regularly. But that is do to a different problem. Take the car to some else for a different opinion. It could cost that much to fix that many leaks but seepage is not a major problem. You will not loss a lot of anything when it come to seepage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever find an answer to your oil leak/accelerator issue? I own a 2015 enclave and it is doing the exact same thing. I have taken it to two different dealships and either can find an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts