EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Can i get some assistance please? So i have a 2011 Buick Enclave with the Bose Nav unit, bought it used, decided to check out the system due to no rear sound, found a brown plug unplugged, it appears to go to the line out plugs, when plugged in, it emits a loud noise, no sound just a high pitch noise. It goes away when i unplug it after a bit. I currently have no rear sound, just the speakers in the front, could the amp have gone bad that is causing this issue? Also i have no USB connected for the top compartment, the cable is just hanging down below not connected where does it go? I will replace the amp is that seems like the issue, just need your opinion please. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any idea if the stereo had been replaced with aftermarket and then the OEM put back in? Regardless, I think you'll have to trace the wiring. Sure sounds like someone did something to it (like when they may have put in an aftermarket stereo).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I was told no aftermarket unit was ever added, thats why I'm thinking maybe it's the amp thats damaged and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You have two connections that were pulled apart... the big question is why.

When you get the high pitched noise, is it coming from all speakers or just front or just back?

Amps are pretty simple, and unless someone shorted something, I really don’t see that going bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Bose door speakers have a blue connector plug on the back with two little metal prongs inside. Moisture, opening/closing the door etc. the prongs sometimes "grow" a white film over them. Removing the speaker (which is a total pain sorry to say) and cleaning the prongs, then resetting the plug with some dialectric grease around the edge fixes the issue.

Use a multimeter and test for continuity before you reinstall. Check at the prongs and check at the wires glued to the cone. You may have to scrape some glue off the cone wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts