EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I've been looking to purchase a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL 1 and trade in my 3rd gen 4runner mainly for fuel economy the biggest worry for me is reliability coming from a Toyota im just a bit worried how is the reliability on this Suv and how is the fuel economy and how much can this tow and what is the difference between cxl 1 and cxl2 I heard cxl2 comes with cooled seats standard but this one that is listed has cooled seats on a cxl 1. Ill probably ask more questions later
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a CXL-1 2WD, missing were cooled seats, Nav, power folding mirrors and the rims are different (and maybe more?). Mine had the dual sunroof, Rear Entertainment, heated seats, tow package and 19" chrome clad rims. Fuel economy was okay at best, I averaged 13L/100. I sold it due to perceived reliability issues, trans never shifted right IMO, ended up with a 2013 Sienna for reliability reasons. Dealt with AC issues as well as 2 motor mounts along with normal wear items (brakes mainly). But could never shake the feeling something catastrophic was coming. Pulled our trailer (tent trailer) with ease, drove nice and had plenty of power. But, my Sienna also drives nice and has plenty of power, haven't pulled with it yet, but is rated for 3500lbs, not 4500lbs.
I enjoyed the Enclave while I had it, but don't regret my decision at all in moving to the Toyota. And I grew up a Ford guy FTR... I tend to cycle cars every couple years (get bored) and the Enclave was a good deal when I got it, so tried it....

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have a 2011 CX1. I can tell you that the gas mileage was one of the biggest disappointment with the car since new. We get about 14 around town and are lucky to get 18 on the highway. It is really a pretty heavy vehicle with considerable HP and torque for towing. The back is bigger than you might think also. I just brought two barn door kits home from Lowes that were 84" tall and I could close the gate. I can send you the repair details but we have put about $8K in it since new including tires and other consumables. We are getting about 35K on each set due to the weight and wear on the front drive tires.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We have a 2011 CX1. I can tell you that the gas mileage was one of the biggest disappointment with the car since new. We get about 14 around town and are lucky to get 18 on the highway. It is really a pretty heavy vehicle with considerable HP and torque for towing. The back is bigger than you might think also. I just brought two barn door kits home from Lowes that were 84" tall and I could close the gate. I can send you the repair details but we have put about $8K in it since new including tires and other consumables. We are getting about 35K on each set due to the weight and wear on the front drive tires.
I had a 2011 Enclave CXL2 AWD. I got about 12 in city but on highway usually got about 21 MPG. The highway seems low especially if you only have FWD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts