EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL with this shifter. Do the same rules still apply to this year?
I'm still not sure because of the terminology used here.
Can I use my +/- going up a hill?
Is it a viable option for driving in snow?
Laymans terms please.
Also I have experianced heavy hydroplaning on wet highways.
Wuld the +/- shift help wih that?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think so it's old school. IMO the newer style (2018+) should work the same way, but I really don't like it as much. If you hit park to quick while stopping it does make a grinding sound. Too easy to hit part too fast.
Welcome to the Enclave forum. Are you referring to another thread? If so, please post your questions in that thread. Which shifter are you referring to?
2011 has the older traditional shifter.

·
Administrator
495 Posts
I've heard that grinding sound a few times. It's like something is about to break. Now I make sure I'm fully stopped before hitting the Park button. Sounds like the +/- buttons are equivalent to the paddle shifters, which don't do much except hold whichever gear you are in.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
On certain twisty mtn roads i use my + - buttons to help accelerate out of turns or help engine brake and or shift weight in the vehicle back to front for better tire grip...
Not racing.. just making sure i dont slide off the mtn.

·
Administrator
495 Posts
I use the paddle shifters when descending a steep hill. With the 9-speed tranny, if you attempt to paddle down even one gear at a time, it will not downshift above a preset speed. As the vehicle slows below that speed it will eventually downshift. I'm sure that's designed so you don't blow up the engine by over-revving. To a small degree it does help prevent over-heating the brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts