EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a hissing sound and soon after the AC would not work. I took it in to the repair shop and they recharge the freon with dye. It work for about one week, and then the hissing sound came back. The repair shop identified it as a leak from the high pressure hose. GM part #22757062. The local dealership has none in stock and the part is back ordered. I am a GM employee, so I attempted to buy the part through our warehouse system and the part is out of stock and back ordered. I am wondering does this part have a high defect rate?

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Though a few forum members have reported a leak from this hose, I don't think that this is a common problem. Maybe GM hasn't stocked this part because it hasn't been needed?

·
Registered
100 Posts
That was the part number for the hose they replaced on mine the first time I had the hissing sound back in April 2014. Found leak in A/C hose from compressor to condenser.

Hopefully your issue stops there. Unfortunately, mine was followed up with the replacement of #22804122 (thermal expansion valve) a little over a month later, which was also found leaking. That stopped the noise for a little while, only to eventually have a slow leak in the evaporator emerge (which I didn't bother fixing).

Of course, I wonder now if it was just the evaporator the whole time. It could just be coincidence to have so many issues on the same system so close in timing, and they did show me the bad hose that was replaced, but who knows.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here is what I wrote a few days ago regarding my 2011 Enclave !

Well, into the dealers, and apparently "so far" it's a leaky hose, GM 22757062 - HOSE. That may solve the noise in the dash Huh? Will have to wait and see after the install.

Hope my problem is fine and doesn't go on to other issues like an evaporator !!!!

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, JamesBo. I remember that mine hissed, but not often b4 the ac stopped. This was 2 years ago. The dealer replaced the front evap core($1,400.00) and all has been perfect. The a year to the date later.... the rear evap core went out, had it replaced ($1,200.00), and ALL is still "cool". Have you Googled the part number and looked into or called other part companies?

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing or having done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had hissing sound and slight odour too and then AC stopped working. Light blinks 3X and nothing happens. Had Freon added to system worked ok for 2 to 3 days and then nothing. Mechanic ran on AC tester for 2 hours with no leaks found in system. But says either front or rear evaporators run separately and either could be the real problem. Parts costs are reasonable but labor is huge to take apart with entire front dash and rear back. I really do not understand why that part would go after 3.5 years (right after warranty expires) unless the quality of the part is substandard. A friend of mine had exact same issue 4 years into owning this vehicle. Has anyone heard what GM is doing to improve this problem? Love the ride and functionality of vehicle. But between 2 new transmissions (both under warranty but loss of vehicle for 2 weeks), new alternator, new starter, the exterior lights burning out in 3 locations, and now AC going it is a very costly vehicle to maintain in addition to regular maintenance. A late 2011 CXL with $50K purchase price (not yet paid off) should not be having so many problems. Are these parts being made in China? If they are then maybe parts should be located in an area easily assessed so a person does not have to lose their vehicle for 2 days and pay $2K to fix.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
RJ Bob said:
Are these parts being made in China? If they are then maybe parts should be located in an area easily assessed so a person does not have to lose their vehicle for 2 days and pay $2K to fix.
I bet that many parts, across all manufactures and most vehicles are sourced from china today. I have an old 1950's refrigerator that is still running. New refrigerators have compressors that are made in China and fail after a few years (ask me how I know).

·
Registered
251 Posts
I totally agree with you on the quality of parts that are very hard to replace should be of better quality. So much for Quality Control ! Buick Customer Service should be weighing in on this one for sure. I was worried about the same thing, but turned out to be the hose in question, and yes, mine also was on back order, so I suspect their is an issue with it.

Plus I'm hoping never to have my dash ripped apart to replace a condenser ! Will never be the same after that.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Our AC failed in the 20’s. Let's face it, so many lease that there is no reason to care about defects (a person leasing is covered the entire duration by the b2b). My Nissan is going on 18, original clutch, water pump, AC. That's how things were built in 1998. My 2007 BMW that was on the CR avoid and most unreliable lists, ditto. All original and no breakey. That's how things were built in 2007. How American cars are and were built are another story. The 2015 XTS we had had a same defect as the Enclave, factory did not remove some film which can not be removed after the fact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It took mechanic 12 hours to open up, replace evaporator and hose and then put everything back together. Another hour to fill up freon and it works perfect again. The evaporator looks like from China as chinese writing on it. It would make sense either make part of higher quality or at least put it in a place where the entire dashboard does has to be taken out. I can't understand the engineering design flaw here. People can understand that parts fail but a $300 part requires $1,100 in labor. that is crazy.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
We seem to like to bash China. I do sometimes too, but it' snot the cause of these failures. GM is the cause.

We buy Cisco gear sometimes 40k for a single controller. 50% off list, and still $3,600 for a 48 port switch not even including licensing and support. $900 for a wireless access point. All made in China. Not one piece of hardware has failed that I know of in 20 years. Cisco offers a lifetime warranty. So they tell the Chinese to make them up to snuff.

I was just sent some swag from Sennheiser. I remember buddies spending $1500 for a shotgun mic, and have 4 of them to record Dead shows. I noticed some of the swag is made in Poland. So if it breaks, would I be justified in blaming Poles? Not really. Another Denmark. Blame Danes? No. Sennheiser spec'd this gear, if it breaks, they are accountable.

Ps I put a Chinese radiator into my 1998 Nissan. No issues.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
RJ Bob said:
It took mechanic 12 hours to open up, replace evaporator and hose and then put everything back together. Another hour to fill up freon and it works perfect again. The evaporator looks like from China as chinese writing on it. It would make sense either make part of higher quality or at least put it in a place where the entire dashboard does has to be taken out. I can't understand the engineering design flaw here. People can understand that parts fail but a $300 part requires $1,100 in labor. that is crazy.
This may be all GM, sop. Friend's 1996 Suburban, and uncle's 2003 Yukon Denali both had ac systems fail, and neither was fixed due to cost.

You're probably too young to remember Saab 900’s and their heater core issues...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local mechanic diagnosed the AC on my 2010 to expansion valve not opening. He cleaned it and the whole system works great again. couple hundred bucks. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There must not be a serious evaporator core problem since there has been no new posts for awhile. I had a new compressor put in for $1700 and had to take it back a week later, now it seems to be the evaporator core. Do I want to spend another $1700 or trade it in? ???

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Rocknrose said:
There must not be a serious evaporator core problem since there has been no new posts for awhile. I had a new compressor put in for $1700 and had to take it back a week later, now it seems to be the evaporator core. Do I want to spend another $1700 or trade it in? ???
Depends on if you like the Enclave enough to keep it with or without working AC?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rocknrose said:
Probably everyone is sick of posting evaporator issues here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think my 2011 Enclave is having the same 3-blinks issue, do we have a better solution now except donating $1000+ to buick dealer?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think my 2011 Enclave is having the same 3-blinks issue, do we have a better solution now except donating $1000+ to buick dealer?
Yes. Take it to a Chevy dealer. At least around me, the Buick dealers are WAY more expensive that Chevy. Same parts and service, but a labor rate that is half what Buick charges.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL, the AC just went out I believe because I am having the ac button blink three times and fail, and for a few weeks before every time I would use it it would hiss, sounds like there was a leak in the system under the dashboard. I’d like to diagnose and fix it myself but from what I’ve looked into it there’s a lot of steps and things like vaccuum pump, refrigerant recovery device and other things I would need.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts