EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 2011 enclave and this issue started as intermittent, driving along and the trans would go neutral, cycle the locks and then jump back in gear , no codes and the indicator on dash always showed in drive, the issue has progressed to no the car while driving downshifts to a very low gear forcing the engine to rev to 5k rpm and cycle the door locks 2 times, after a few seconds it will jump back to over drive but just keeps doing this over and over, the engine light and other lights come on when this happens but gauges still register and there are no codes set.

its currently at a Buick dealer and I spoke with the service manager yesterday and after 3 days working on it the tech cant figure it out, he has updated the software on the vehicle.

There are other issues that have shown up at the same time, the a/c stopped blowing cold and the snowflake button blinks, the radio will not get and reception, the computer states the passenger front window not programmed.

these could all be a coincidence but all started at the same time as the trans issue and the dealer was made aware.

any tsb or direction that I can recommend to the service manager?

I even saw this complaint related to the onstar remote speed limiter malfunctioning causing this??

·
Registered
2 Posts
we have a 2011 enclave and this issue started as intermittent, driving along and the trans would go neutral, cycle the locks and then jump back in gear , no codes and the indicator on dash always showed in drive, the issue has progressed to no the car while driving downshifts to a very low gear forcing the engine to rev to 5k rpm and cycle the door locks 2 times, after a few seconds it will jump back to over drive but just keeps doing this over and over, the engine light and other lights come on when this happens but gauges still register and there are no codes set. its currently at a Buick dealer and I spoke with the service manager yesterday and after 3 days working on it the tech cant figure it out, he has updated the software on the vehicle. There are other issues that have shown up at the same time, the a/c stopped blowing cold and the snowflake button blinks, the radio will not get and reception, the computer states the passenger front window not programmed. these could all be a coincidence but all started at the same time as the trans issue and the dealer was made aware. any tsb or direction that I can recommend to the service manager? I even saw this complaint related to the onstar remote speed limiter malfunctioning causing this??
An luck on what the problem was?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dealer cant figure it out they still have it, they opened a ticket with GM, that was a waste of time GM told them to follow trouble shooting flow charts and offered no guidance as to known fixes for this issue

they did find codes for loss of serial data communications on certain modules and reflashed all the modules with all updates

I tried researching this online and came up with several solutions and communicated them to the service manager, this seems to be more common on the acadia and traverse forums so its not an unknown issue

one thing that was fixed by the reflash and updates was the temp on dash was wrong, very wrong and now its correct

1 - 5 of 5 Posts