EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well just purchased my first enclave 2011 CRX-2 AWD fully loaded to the hilt....BUT It has the dam p0008 code and although the vehicle has high miles 240k is runs perfect no power loss no misfire or ruff idle...I am (or was) a wrench turner for 30 years....I know all to well about difficult timing chain jobs like this one... But without my shop anymore and no engine hoist I don't want to slave the labor on this car with the crammed engine in place!! So I guess what I'm asking has ANYONE ever had the good fortune of replacing the camshaft and/or crankshaft sensors and ACTUALLY had that work ??? Also my buddy has a shop in town he told me he had 3 or 4 Enclave's, Acadia's or Traverse's ALL with the dreaded Timing chain code but NONE needed a timing chain...He stated he would "Bet his last nickel" it need's new VVT Solenoids??.... I cleared the code of course but it came back after a day or 2... With the high miles I have to assume there's no way the chains are original...VIN # search reviled no open recall campaigns ...And there was one for the 2011 for timing chain guides ...My guess this one may be on its 3rd timing chain ...But on it's 2nd at minimum...

Thanks for any responses

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
770 Posts
You can try cleaning the VVT screens first. They are supposedly easy to do though I never did mine. I had a 08 Outlook with 212K on it when I sold it. I always used synthetic oil and attribute that to getting high miles with few timing issues. make sure your oil level is good as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts