EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "service airbag" warning light comes on every time I start my car. I have read that there was a recall because of this problem but when I looked up recalls for my VIN, it was not listed. It is possible I had this worked on previously but I can't remember. Now the car is out of warranty (54,000 miles). Will this problem still be covered under the the recall i.e. were all 2011 Enclaves covered?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hello seaski42,

Thank you for your question. I am glad to answer as best I can. When a recall situation has been observed by Buick, we refer to our manufacturing records to determine which vehicles were or were not built with the particular part being recalled. Because of this, recall situations typically only apply to a certain subset of the total vehicles produced for a particular year and model. It is possible that your 2011 Enclave was not affected.

I certainly understand the concern you're experiencing with your Service Airbag light, and apologize for any inconveniences caused. My team and I are happy to look into your Enclave's repair history and warranties in order to research this further. Feel free to send us a private message at your earliest convenience including your VIN and current mileage. We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Amanda K.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
seaski42 said:
My "service airbag" warning light comes on every time I start my car. I have read that there was a recall because of this problem but when I looked up recalls for my VIN, it was not listed. It is possible I had this worked on previously but I can't remember. Now the car is out of warranty (54,000 miles). Will this problem still be covered under the the recall i.e. were all 2011 Enclaves covered?
My 08 was out of warranty for the airbag recal, and the dealer did the work for me. Here is the link to the thread dealing with the airbag recall:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=17122.0

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 08 was out of warranty for the airbag recal, and the dealer did the work for me. Here is the link to the thread dealing with the airbag recall:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=17122.0
The passenger air bag service light just came on for my Buick Enclave, vin # 5GAKRDED2CJ313682. Current millage is 55 000. Is this auto still in warranty ? If not what is the approximate cost to repair ?
Jim R
Louisville, KY

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
The passenger air bag service light just came on for my Buick Enclave, vin # 5GAKRDED2CJ313682. Current millage is 55 000. Is this auto still in warranty ? If not what is the approximate cost to repair ?
Jim R
Louisville, KY
What year?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
electbc
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing