EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this forum but have been reading some of your posts. I have issues with 2012 Buick Enclave first is I’m getting a flutter when exceleration and inclines. No codes I’ve replaced spark plugs and still no difference. I have not replace transmission fluid yet but it’s not pink anymore so was going to do that this weekend and see if that helps. Any ideas what it could be? Second is the right front makes a popping noise going over any type of pavement tires are new brakes are new wheel bearing is fine but I noticed grease coming down from the strut is that the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are going on vacation in a couple of weeks and will be driving this car and I don’t want to have any issues with it on our trip. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Julio, I too was new here just a few short months ago. Our 2014 enclave started the shuddering a d shudder under acceleration and inclines. We did have the stabilitrak light come on and drew a code of 0710,which said it was the steering centering angle sensor. We had that replaced and have been without issues since,about 2 months ago. If u have a heated steering wheel it takes a different sensor due 2 wiring. The cost os right under or around 400 dollars depending g on the shops labor rate. After posting our repair,another enclave owner had the same issue and took it to a dealer(under 400 again). They also had the same code and symptoms as ours. Sometimes it seems the codes show up while not always either. Hope this helps,good luck. Btw,there r alot of posts about the struts and front end noise u speak of also. 2 others that post that helped me r RBarrios and Electbc. Barrios sent me a link from a chevy traverse sight that was spot on. Thnx to u both again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im new to this forum but have been reading some of your posts. I have issues with 2012 Buick Enclave first is I’m getting a flutter when exceleration and inclines. No codes I’ve replaced spark plugs and still no difference. I have not replace transmission fluid yet but it’s not pink anymore so was going to do that this weekend and see if that helps. Any ideas what it could be? Second is the right front makes a popping noise going over any type of pavement tires are new brakes are new wheel bearing is fine but I noticed grease coming down from the strut is that the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are going on vacation in a couple of weeks and will be driving this car and I don’t want to have any issues with it on our trip. Thank you in advance
Hi Julio,
I am the guy Poppydoc referred to. I don't know if our problems are the same since you did not say the DIC displayed any messages. Here was my post:
Same issues...Traction control off, service traction control, service Stabilitrak DIC messages. CEL not on, just the traction control off light on the dashboard. Also my 2015 Enclave (32,340 miles) bucked when accelerating, especially uphill. Auto Zone free OBD reader showed no messages and Auto Zone said I needed a better OBD reader than what they had.
The dealer had a better reader and it showed the C0710 code. They replaced the steering angle sensor (existing sensor said the angle was -396 degrees) and the problems have gone away. $385.26 well spent and has almost restored my faith in dealer service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Julio, we had a similar popping sound with our 2011 Enclave. Just like yours the RH strut was leaking oil. We replaced the front struts with KYB struts and fixed the popping issue. It also drives so much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts