EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car in 2020 with about 90k miles. Last summer had to replace the engine. On Tuesday car let’s me know it needs an oil change and check engine light comes on. Wednesday I am driving and the car loses power (RPMs drop to zero) and steering wheel locks up. After about a minute it restarts and gets a few blocks before losing power again. The codes are below

Mobile phone Product Communication Device Portable communications device Telephony

Light Product Black Communication Device Gadget

Mobile phone White Light Product Blue

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
952 Posts
Electrical connection perhaps? Check engine compartment for connections and whatever connections which may have been disturbed doing the engine replacement, especially grounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought this car in 2020 with about 90k miles. Last summer had to replace the engine. On Tuesday car let’s me know it needs an oil change and check engine light comes on. Wednesday I am driving and the car loses power (RPMs drop to zero) and steering wheel locks up. After about a minute it restarts and gets a few blocks before losing power again. The codes are below

View attachment 6904
View attachment 6905
View attachment 6903
I had a electrical short on my 2010.
basically the large power wire from the fuse box to the starter was dragging across the frame below the starter near the radiator. I found it at night by turning the ignition on and jerking all the engine harnesses around. It then sparked leading me to the problem.

something you could try

1 - 3 of 3 Posts