EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012 Buick Enclave
115,000 miles

Hello, we just bought this beautiful car from the used dealership a week ago. On the drive home, I noticed it "shuddering" around 1300-1600 RPMs. It only happened once or twice on the hour drive home. I didn't notice it for 2 days after but then it came back and more often. It also feels like when I give it gas, it is delayed in accelerating and takes a second to catch up. Might just be me being used to a small vehicle.

There is a stored check engine code but not an active light on the dash. The code is C0561-71 - it recommends changing the ECM. Our dealer is purchasing the part for us but we have to pay to get it installed and programmed from GM. I am hoping this will fix the problem. It makes sense for the ECM to possibly be associated with the problem seeing as it controls all electronic parts including engine and transmission pieces.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Enclave? I saw some posts about anti-shudder cocktails and all but haven't tried that yet. I've checked the battery, hoses, fuses and they are all fine. Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,
A nervous father/husband and provider for a single income family making less than $40,000 a year that just purchased their first expensive vehicle thats already giving them problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Buick Enclave
115,000 miles

Hello, we just bought this beautiful car from the used dealership a week ago. On the drive home, I noticed it "shuddering" around 1300-1600 RPMs. It only happened once or twice on the hour drive home. I didn't notice it for 2 days after but then it came back and more often. It also feels like when I give it gas, it is delayed in accelerating and takes a second to catch up. Might just be me being used to a small vehicle.

There is a stored check engine code but not an active light on the dash. The code is C0561-71 - it recommends changing the ECM. Our dealer is purchasing the part for us but we have to pay to get it installed and programmed from GM. I am hoping this will fix the problem. It makes sense for the ECM to possibly be associated with the problem seeing as it controls all electronic parts including engine and transmission pieces.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Enclave? I saw some posts about anti-shudder cocktails and all but haven't tried that yet. I've checked the battery, hoses, fuses and they are all fine. Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,
A nervous father/husband and provider for a single income family making less than $40,000 a year that just purchased their first expensive vehicle thats already giving them problems.
Hello, I am NOT a mechanic, but I just bought (one day ago) a used 2012 Encalve V-6, 101K. I have not noticed any shuttering, but did notice the RPMs fluctuating 200-300 rpm at 40 mph. Apparently, according to GM, this is "normal" and should not be fixed. I am going to change the trans fluid with GM Dex VI as soon as I can find some. Here is the Service Bulletin from GM that I copied and pasted:
Good Luck to us both,
Bulletin No.: PI0919
Subject: Tachometer Fluctuation, Shudder Sensation Models: 2012 Buick Enclave 2012 Chevrolet Traverse 2012 GMC Acadia Equipped with Automatic Transmission (RPOs MH6, MY9) Condition/Concern Some customers may comment on either of the following while driving at steady speeds of approximately 64-96 km (40-60 mph) and 1,500 engine RPM: • Tachometer needle fluctuation up to approximately 100-400 RPM • A slight surge sensation These conditions are typically amplified when driving up a slight grade, with the vehicle heavily loaded, in high ambient temperatures or with the air conditioning operating. Recommendation/Instructions These are normal operating characteristic while driving under these conditions. No parts should be replaced in an attempt to correct these conditions. Customer Information: Please communicate to the customer this condition is a normal operating characteristic of their vehicle. It will not impact the design performance or reliability of the vehicle. Please share this information with the customer, including a copy of this message.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, I am NOT a mechanic, but I just bought (one day ago) a used 2012 Encalve V-6, 101K. I have not noticed any shuttering, but did notice the RPMs fluctuating 200-300 rpm at 40 mph. Apparently, according to GM, this is "normal" and should not be fixed. I am going to change the trans fluid with GM Dex VI as soon as I can find some. Here is the Service Bulletin from GM that I copied and pasted:
Good Luck to us both,
Bulletin No.: PI0919
Subject: Tachometer Fluctuation, Shudder Sensation Models: 2012 Buick Enclave 2012 Chevrolet Traverse 2012 GMC Acadia Equipped with Automatic Transmission (RPOs MH6, MY9) Condition/Concern Some customers may comment on either of the following while driving at steady speeds of approximately 64-96 km (40-60 mph) and 1,500 engine RPM: • Tachometer needle fluctuation up to approximately 100-400 RPM • A slight surge sensation These conditions are typically amplified when driving up a slight grade, with the vehicle heavily loaded, in high ambient temperatures or with the air conditioning operating. Recommendation/Instructions These are normal operating characteristic while driving under these conditions. No parts should be replaced in an attempt to correct these conditions. Customer Information: Please communicate to the customer this condition is a normal operating characteristic of their vehicle. It will not impact the design performance or reliability of the vehicle. Please share this information with the customer, including a copy of this message.
Thanks for the response. Here's a little update:

We took the car to a GM dealership to get it looked over. They came back with a $6000 transmission rebuild and motor mount fix. The torque convertor went bad on it. After a LOT of complaints to the dealer we purchased from, they gave us a refund. We are now searching for a Toyota or something like that. This experience has been one for the books.

I wish you luck with your car and hope you have more luck than me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts