EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Buick Enclave and today the wipers are going very slow and even stopping once in awhile in mid-swipe. Anyone know what the issue is?

·
Registered
564 Posts
We give up. What is the issue?
Does it happen when it is on Intermittent, on Low and on High?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2012 Buick Enclave and today the wipers are going very slow and even stopping once in awhile in mid-swipe. Anyone know what the issue is?
the issue is that the wipers are not running as they should. they r swiping very slow and stop half way thru the swipe some of time. It happens on all three settings. Intermittent, low and high

·
Registered
564 Posts
There is a separate relay for the High setting so it doesn't appear to be a electrical supply issue unless it is either on the fuse block or in the switch on the steering column. I would look towards either a mechanical binding, or possibly the motor is failing. Here is a diagram.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I assume your mechanically inclined. ......
Popped the wipers arm off, any difference?
Leave arms off,
Take off the valance cover and observe the "transmission"..... looks like binding?
The plastic connectors all look good?

Separate "transmission" (really just the zigzag arms between motor and wiper Posts)... separate from motor. Motor free at all settings?

I just went thru all this on my 2011. Ended up the motor. Kinda expensive for even used ones (high mileage). Crossreference other GM models.
Unbelievable I found a guy nearby! Who had a NOS: $50 !!!!!

several good YouTube on this.

Often not motor but clips.
They make universal plastic clips for "trans" I was not impressed.
I bought, did not need, some thermal plastic beads. Heat in Hot Water and mold. COOL STUFF.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It would be nice to hear from Andywolf2 so we know how he made out.
Unrelated, I received a letter for my 2015 equinox. The wipers may fail, but I am not to bring it to the dealer unless I experience a failure, so they will then replace the wiper assembly with an updated one. So, I guess I have to wait until it's pouring out and risk a crash so they will then fix it. Hopefully they will repair the bodywork as well.
Some members on Equinox forum repaired theirs with replacement plastic sockets on the linkage with mixed results, this was before the letter came out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts