EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started having this issue today. All happened at the same time. Traction control is turned off. Gear selector does not read position. Rear view camera does not come on in reverse. Rear park assist is turned off. And my power lift gate will not open. Please help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your battery is dead. Start your car and recheck the battery, with the car running you should now see between 13.8-14.4 that means your alternator is working correctly. Sitting in your driveway not running a new battery will be 12.6-12.8 , a good battery will be 12.4-12.5 and a battery reaching the end of its useful life will be 12.2-12.3. Below 12 and your battery is dead.

Determine if your alternator is functioning properly, if the reading with a multimeter is as I mentioned above then replace the battery. If the alternator i is charging below 13.4 you should change the alternator and fully charge the battery. Sometimes when an alternator dies it allows the battery to loose its charge and the battery won’t recover, other times you can recharge and it will be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the battery. Still has the same issue. Service stabilitrak. Traction control off. Park assist off. P R N D L does not indicate. Rear lift gate will not open. Back up camera does not come on.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
770 Posts
It does seem that your shifter is having issues. Maybe a loose connector. Has any work been done on the vehicle recently?
Here is some info from an 07, I suspect that not much has changed on an 2012.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts