EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2012 Enclave for 2 years. Two months after we bought it, white/gray smoke that smelled like gas came from the exhaust. Lights came on and the engine lost power. The code indicated a specific misfire. Replaced that coil pack and plug. Issue solved. I did end up with a complete tune-up about a month later. Now it is doing the same thing.

Just after Christmas, I drove it to my destination. When I tried to leave, it wouldn't crank. Acted like it wasn't getting gas. It tried to start, but wouldn't completely turn over. After 2 days, it cranked fine. Then a month later, it started with the smoke and gas smell again and loss of power.

The engine codes don't really help - P2228C & P0300. No specific location. The smoke is not oil or antifreeze. (I change the oil every 6K miles with full synthetic.) I don't want to keep doing tune-ups. That's just a bandaid. The threads indicate either a coil pack or fuel injector. Don't want to spend 100s of dollars on something that "might" work. Please help! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
680 Posts
P2228 and P0300 actually seems pretty helpful to me. You're getting a misfire because you've got a sensor supplying the wrong data. Don't think there is a baro sensor on our cars though. GM calculates that off the MAF sensor. I'd pull the MAF and clean it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P2228 and P0300 actually seems pretty helpful to me. You're getting a misfire because you've got a sensor supplying the wrong data. Don't think there is a baro sensor on our cars though. GM calculates that off the MAF sensor. I'd pull the MAF and clean it.

I replaced the MAF sensor and the air filter. Reset the code. Now the only code is P0102.

·
Super Moderator
680 Posts
Double check your work on the MAF, because that’s the code for a low input reading from the MAF. Make sure the connector is secure and that you didn’t bend any pins inside the connector. Also check none of the intake pipes are connected crooked and leaking air. If all that’s good:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Double check your work on the MAF, because that’s the code for a low input reading from the MAF. Make sure the connector is secure and that you didn’t bend any pins inside the connector. Also check none of the intake pipes are connected crooked and leaking air. If all that’s good:

definitely sounds like a bad electrical connection at the MAF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts