EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power Saver mode went on drove around 10 miles came home as I was looking for parking lost some Power then steering /brakes got hard to use parked it now no power , going to test 1 year old battery , going to test alternator, I know I have a short somewhere because DVD system / Inverter/ USB ports quit working prior to this problem sometimes stereo dips out then comes back on this has been going on for a minute. Any suggestions where to start looking for issue after I test Battery / Alternator? I don't want to replace either one without knowing everything else is okay and not going to cause me problems, I Love my Enclave it's been a very good car and dependable, please help !

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
62 Posts
What year is your enclave? Any lights on the dash? Power steering is driven by the serpentine drive belt and brakes by the engine vacuum through the brake booster - Everything else is electronic - Unless your serpentine belt is slipping severely which would affect both the alternator and the power steering. Also just to confirm that the power saver mode you are talking about means the battery power saver mode. I'm having a hard time seeing how they could all be related.

You could also be dealing with a bad electrical ground or short to ground somewhere in the system.

Check what you know is wrong first - check the fuses (for the DVD player / center console, etc ..) If something is blown you have a definite short to ground. If the fuses are good then you might have a bad ground (some corroded or loose cable attached to the car somewhere) or a parasitic draw . For the parasitic draw there are videos on Youtube on how to find them.

Also if your serpentine belt is old or the car has a ton of mileage on it , have it and the belt tensioner replaced - with the engine off you can check the belt tension by pressing on it and then try looking for slippage when the engine is running.

Seems like there is more than one issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It may seem like a long shot however check your fusebox to make sure the bolts are making connection. I have an 08 enclave and it began throwing all kind of warning signs( including stablitrac and low voltage then would die) it then became undrivable. I put it in the shop twice they couldn't figure it out. My son did some research and found overtime that problem can happen. Upon fixing it(replaced the fuse box itself.) I haven't had a problem with it since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.