·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes! And no problem on the sharing of information...... :cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I did a transmission fluid change out and I still have the shudder, but the truck does accelerate smoother. Since that additive is only 2 oz, I might as well try it, it couldn't hurt. I have also ordered the coil packs for the truck, and still pending the delivery of the last two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had changed out my transmission fluid as well and the shudder was still there. Changing the fluid does not remove the buildup on the clutch pack face or the torque converter face. Only the friction modifier will do that. The transmission shop used 2 tubes of the Anti-Shudder Fix on mine. I would suggest doing the same with yours.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
rillo71 said:
I had changed out my transmission fluid as well and the shudder was still there. Changing the fluid does not remove the buildup on the clutch pack face or the torque converter face. Only the friction modifier will do that. The transmission shop used 2 tubes of the Anti-Shudder Fix on mine. I would suggest doing the same with yours.
Thank you for that info, and I will try that this weekend.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
714 Posts
Would it be necessary to change the transmission fluid after using this additive or is it fine to leave it in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
electbc said:
Would it be necessary to change the transmission fluid after using this additive or is it fine to leave it in?
Per some youtube videos I have found, you leave it in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
leondegrance said:
Per some youtube videos I have found, you leave it in.
yes you leave it in....any updates?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I added two bottles to the trans on Sunday and have had only 1 shudder since then. I can usually get it to shudder when driving in my neighborhood @ 25mph, so I will keep testing it for a week to see if it goes away completely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
leondegrance said:
I added two bottles to the trans on Sunday and have had only 1 shudder since then. I can usually get it to shudder when driving in my neighborhood @ 25mph, so I will keep testing it for a week to see if it goes away completely.
Awesome.... I hope it fully solves your problem. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It has taken me about 6 months for me to solve my shudder problem. I first of observed it going about 70 mph on inclines with the cruise control on. It felt like my back wheels were bouncing around with a bad shock absorber. At the time, I had about 120K miles on the Enclave and I changed the struts and back shocks around 70K. I checked my Amazon order for the back shocks and was amazed that it stated that these shocks were not for my AWD Buick Enclave but were for the FWD version. When I purchased these Amazon said it was for the AWD version. This is not the first time, I have received the incorrect parts from Amazon, Rock Auto is much better at getting the correct part. So I surmised that the extra weight of the AWD version prematurely wore out the back shocks. I got the AWD version but the shudder was still present.

I started to notice the shudder revealing itself when the cruise was set for 45 mph going up an incline(1100 RPM). The forum said the most probable cause is due to misfire(coil packs and plugs). I ordered 6 ACDelco Mexico BS-C1508 Coils but I did not order the ACDelco Iridium plugs because I put in the NGK Iridiums at 100K. Shudder still persisted and the forums said that this motor is very picky about the spark plugs. So I get the ACDelco Iridiums and try to change the plugs. To my horror the second coil pack boot separated from BS-C1508 coil pack. I destroyed the boot in the process. Crap, have to go to work tomorrow....I Super Glued all the rubber pieces and wrapped the assembly with silicon tape. The third coil also separated the boot. I decide to stop and leave the back 3 alone. I found that Beck Arnley has an equivalent coil pack that they carry for the Saab with the GM V6. I replaced the front back of coil packs and start on the rear bank. The BS-C1508's separates again and it takes me over an hour to extricate all the stuck boots. I cannot change 2 of the back plugs because a piece of the old boot is preventing me from removing the spark plug. It's getting late and cold so I leave the 2 NGK's in.

Shudder is still there. Now, I am thinking if I modify my 1/4" chisel I will be able to get the rest of the boot out. I am not convinced that I have a misfire problem so I purchase an Autel MaxiDAS708 Code Reader(Lightning special saved ~$200). Guess what no misfires with shudders, so it must be the transmission. I drain the transmission every 30K and put in 4 quarts of full synthetic Valvoline Dexron VI and another 4 quarts at the next oil change. When I drained out the transmission, I noticed there was a silvery coloration to it like someone mixed powdered aluminum in it. The shudder got worse after the drain so I get 2 tubes of Lubegard Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx. The transmission shudder is reduced to the same level as before the transmission drain. I see on the forum someone has concocted an anti-shudder cocktail of 2:Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx, 1:XADO EX120, 1:Lubegard 60902 Automatic Transmission Fluid Protectant). I drain the transmission and there is almost no silvery shimmer and put in the cocktail and top it off with the Valvoline Dexron VI. The cocktail forum poster said it takes a while before it starts working. Amazingly after about 300 miles the shudder is gone. So I thank the forum for saving me several thousand dollars! :angel:

·
Registered
448 Posts
This might be in my future I have the same rig with 166K miles on it now, I noticed on a four hundred roundtrip mile highway run my down shift four times on a mountain incline was a bit harsh. Twice each way, I need a fluid change hoping that's all it is.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
EAjohn said:
I drain the transmission every 30K and put in 4 quarts of full synthetic Valvoline Dexron VI and another 4 quarts at the next oil change.

The Manual says 5.3 qts of fluid on a drain/refill

thats how Ive always done it.. always refill with 5.3 qts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are correct rbarrios. Previously, the car was not level and I would put in 4 quarts plus some additional to get the correct dipstick reading. Perhaps this low level contributed to the accelerated wear on my tranny. This last time, I jacked up the car to get it level and ran the motor for at least 10 minutes. I checked the level with the motor running. I think I put in at least 4+ quarts plus all the additives. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Enclave, with 117,000 miles, started to shudder intermittently during slight acceleration or when climbing a grade. It did not shudder when under constant speed on level terrain or downhill. After reading responses to this issue in this forum, I first attacked the easier task of changing spark plugs. Since I was going through all the trouble required to do so, I decided to change all the coil packs. I did not want to be back into the process again anytime soon. I figured it was worth the $230 more for the coils, now, rather than later. The old guy is back to purring like a kitten. Next project....front struts!

Thanks to all for your suggestions and guidance.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
714 Posts
Thank you for that input. This shudder thing is hard to diagnose, sometimes transmission issues, sometimes engine problems. Glad the easier and most cost effective remedy worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have been toying around with the idea of just replacing all 6 coil packs, as I still feel the shudder at light acceleration, but the truck is not generating any codes. Is it worth it to spend the 230 bucks without waiting for a code to generate?
I replaced my Plugs and packs a couple weeks ago and now have a shudder. So I am thinking I put the NGK plugs in...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 Enclave CXL started the shudder thing it is intermitment usually at low RPM acceleration, At crusiing speeds 60 or so it re-appears then goes away. Im going to try the Shudder fix remedy. I took it in and they told me I need a rebuild, 5K, plus of course he says I need new struts, timing chair cover gasket, that was all addtional. LOL. I took my car and flew out of there. Hope this works. He did mention converter solonoid bt the trans needs a full rebuild, rip offs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok everyone. I have a 2012 Buick Enclave with 138,000 miles it’s just recently started shuddering when changing gears it’s doing it when going into second and third, and fourth periodically and when I accelerate to get through it it stops. So I’ve been told it’s most likely misfiring so I went ahead and had a tune up done with a mechanic still shudders even after that being done. I purchased one tube of the shudder fix and it’s still doing it. Should I buy another tube and put it in to see if it stops? I need new motor mounts do you think that could possibly be the issue? When the engine shifts gears it makes my car shake? Do you think it could be transmission related? My steering wheel shakes while driving and I thought ok let me get my tires balanced and rotated so I did that and it still shakes. Can’t figure it out. I need your assistance as to what could be the issue here.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
714 Posts
If you know you need new motor mounts then that should be addressed before you do anything else. Exactly what did the mechanic do? If he did replace plugs, what brand did he use, sometimes aftermarket plugs just don't cut it.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts