EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 enclave that had a engine replaced in 2018 and I’ve had no issues with it since the engine was replaced and now it’s throwing a whole bunch of codes and now sounds like ****
The codes can anyone tell me if there enclave has thrown these codes and tell me how much the repair would possibly be

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
847 Posts
Bad fuse box connections, corrosion on a connection, bad ground on a common ground point. Just a few possibilities. You can get a better scanner which read actual voltages on these sensors.

·
Super Moderator
717 Posts
Define, "Sounds like ****". Bad misfire? Metal on metal? If it sounds mechanical I'd drain the oil and see how much metal comes out with the oil. If it's more than none say hello to engine replacement #2.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check and reseat the large connectors at ALL ECM, make sure there are seated all the way into the modules. These types of water-proof connectors are very hard to plug in. With this many codes at once, I would first think there is a loose connector causing it. The bad sounding engine could very well be a result of all these parameters out of whack, and the ECM does not know how to tune the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts