EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
ldimo said:
I have the 2013 black ext/int enclave. I've been experimenting a little on cleaning the dash and here's what I like best,

I use the regular Amorall on the hard plastic and Armorall for leather on the "leather" accents including the large section on the passenger side. To the point about glare, we traveled 12 hours to niagara falls and back for vacation (not a cloud in the sky all three days...yeah!) and I did not notice any issues with glare. I really like the black/black color combo in the 13 Enclave so having a shiny dash suits me just fine. When you clean the 'leather-ish' sections with the leather Amorall cleaner it gives it a flat finish which makes a nice contrast with the shiny sections (I think).

I've tried other cleaners including different types of Amorall (there are many these days...including the wipes) and found that they would leave streaks and splotches.

My two cents,

I have to put my "two cents" in here. I just received this product a few weeks ago for interior detailing and I think it's fantastic. Truly brings back the new car look with the proper amount of "sheen" on different materials. I use it on vinyl, plastic, leather, etc... Very low sheen if any. i can't stand that shiny greasy look and feel a lot of products leave. Watch the video in the link to see how this product is used. I am very happy with several Adam's products. In fact, someone on this forum turned me onto these products years ago. They have a high quality product for everything imaginable for detailing. I opted for the gallon jug of this product. Use it in all 3 vehicles.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-924-new-adams-total-interior-detailer.aspx

CT

·
Registered
5 Posts
2013 Enclave Dashboard Leather Interior

I vacuum my car every other weekend, but i have never cleaned my leather seats on the overall interior of my brz. Im not a really fan of the armor car interior products because it leaves a glossy look that im not really into.

Anybody can recommend a good product to clean the interior of the car and to clean/maintain the leather of the seats?

·
Registered
733 Posts
The leather seating areas have a plastic layer on top of the leather. Any leather cleaner/conditioner does not get to the leather unless the plastic layer starts cracking. A damp microfiber is all you need to clean the seating areas. Most US cars have this type of leather on the seating areas. My King Ranch on the other hand does not have this protection, but I treat it with either King Ranch leather conditioner or Zaino's leather cleaner and conditioner

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
With cost cutting, I'm not sure if true on a 2016. But on a 2007-2010 3 Series BMW, there is genuine leather on the doors. If you check the OEM parts, there are part numbers for cars with leather, cars without. imho these were the touches that indicated luxury. Japanese don't do that, nor do American.

If you want to get into Porsche, now you can have genuine leather on the seat backs, dash, doors, sun visors, etc. It's unreal, as are the prices when optioned like that.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
john 070 said:
With cost cutting, I'm not sure if true on a 2016. But on a 2007-2010 3 Series BMW, there is genuine leather on the doors. If you check the OEM parts, there are part numbers for cars with leather, cars without. imho these were the touches that indicated luxury. Japanese don't do that, nor do American.

If you want to get into Porsche, now you can have genuine leather on the seat backs, dash, doors, sun visors, etc. It's unreal, as are the prices when optioned like that.
Not true - some American vehicles have real leather on the doors and dashboard. The 4LT package on my Vette included real leather for both the door panels and dashboard. As rexster indicated virtually all OEMs, from all continents, use leather that has a plastic coating on the surface. The King Ranch Ford has real saddle leather on it ( I used to work for the company that made the seats) that is uncoated.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
BadAV said:
Not true - some American vehicles have real leather on the doors and dashboard. The 4LT package on my Vette included real leather for both the door panels and dashboard. As rexster indicated virtually all OEMs, from all continents, use leather that has a plastic coating on the surface. The King Ranch Ford has real saddle leather on it ( I used to work for the company that made the seats) that is uncoated.
That's cool about the Corvette, because the Cadillac flagship didn't have it. As far as the King Ranch, it has leather on the door panels?

edit: it is nice, but don't see rain sensing wipers listed...I wonder what the reason is.....mazda 3's had them 5-6 yrs ago....

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/trim/kingranch/

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
john 070 said:
That's cool about the Corvette, because the Cadillac flagship didn't have it. As far as the King Ranch, it has leather on the door panels?

edit: it is nice, but don't see rain sensing wipers listed...I wonder what the reason is.....mazda 3's had them 5-6 yrs ago....

I don't believe the door panels are leather, I was speaking strictly about the leather on the seats.

·
Registered
733 Posts
john 070 said:

My KR has leather trim on the doors and has rain sensing wipers

21 - 29 of 29 Posts