EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to see if anyone else has had this issue, and this happens for all 4 of the windows that roll up/down and does not matter whether you use the master/driver switch or the individual switch on the door itself.

What happens is that when you roll the window down, and then go to roll it up, it will go up to a certain point and then stops. You can then toggle the switch down/up and it will then go up some more...sometimes all the way up, sometimes up just a bit more. It normally takes 3-4 times of fiddling with the switch to get the windows to roll all the way back up.

I am unsure where to start on this as it does not seem to be a specific switch issue as they all do the same thing.

Anyone seen this issue before and have any idea where I should start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm thinking electrical. The chances of all 4 window regulators being shot would seem almost an impossibility. It can't be all of the switches either so something earlier on in the wiring. Not sure how you would go about trouble shooting or fixing this, but maybe a bad relay or an intermittent short somewhere?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm thinking electrical. The chances of all 4 window regulators being shot would seem almost an impossibility. It can't be all of the switches either so something earlier on in the wiring. Not sure how you would go about trouble shooting or fixing this, but maybe a bad relay or an intermittent short somewhere?
It could also be a malfunctioning master control module in the driver's armrest. They are not that expensive to replace - maybe $100.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts