EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I've had our 2013 Enclave for about 2 years. It's been a great vehicle so far. All of a sudden, the radio constantly resets/restarts. During the restart, some electrical components stop. For instance, the blinker (indicator) sound stops, but the indicator light still works. I checked the battery, it's the original factory battery (March, 2013). Is it possible that everything works ok for driving, but is causing a low power situation for the radio/electrical or is it some other issue? I can't get to settings because it literally is in a continuous loop of restarting. Is there a factory reset method? I did unhook the battery for about 30 minutes and then plugged the battery back in to see if that would force the infotainment system to reset, but it still keeps restarting. It's the GPS/CD/In-dash full feature infotainment system. Looking for any ideas. :) Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Before the day of embedded processors in cars, when there was electrical issues in systems fed from different feeds, it was most often a bad ground. Sometimes it could also a high resistance short but you would usually see lights dim or smell smoke. With so many systems being inter-related like the AC, radio, and cooling system interacting, it much more difficult to tell. I wish I had a wiring diagram I could study to see what is feed from what as that might give some clues about how to isolate and trouble shoot issues. perhaps you could take the fuse out for the infotainment system and see if other things keep happening. That might isolate it to or away from the system. Wish I could be more specific.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all - I've had our 2013 Enclave for about 2 years. It's been a great vehicle so far. All of a sudden, the radio constantly resets/restarts. During the restart, some electrical components stop. For instance, the blinker (indicator) sound stops, but the indicator light still works. I checked the battery, it's the original factory battery (March, 2013). Is it possible that everything works ok for driving, but is causing a low power situation for the radio/electrical or is it some other issue? I can't get to settings because it literally is in a continuous loop of restarting. Is there a factory reset method? I did unhook the battery for about 30 minutes and then plugged the battery back in to see if that would force the infotainment system to reset, but it still keeps restarting. It's the GPS/CD/In-dash full feature infotainment system. Looking for any ideas. :) Thanks!
How was this resolved? Mine is doing the same thing. Just started today. Did it by chance turn out to be the battery? I have a 2014 and it has the original battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, my 2013 enclave started doing this few days ago. Everything works for about 30 seconds, then restarts to the splash screen. If I don't turn it back on, I can see the splash screen restart over and over also a out every 30-45 seconds. Anyone find a fix for this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts