EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if anyone purchased the updated maps for a 2013 or newer Enclave?

I have a 2016 but curiously, maps are dated back to 2013.
Looking for input as the latest update is 2017 and is at least 160$

Don't think it is worth it but I could be proven wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes i just had my nav updated this past week, on the second try. First time GM sent the dealer a bad stick. I have read and was told that the updates are done annually. I had it done because i travel south in the winter and there are new interstates going in on my route and for the POI's. I own a 15 Enclave Premium AWD.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes i just had my nav updated this past week, on the second try. First time GM sent the dealer a bad stick. I have read and was told that the updates are done annually. I had it done because i travel south in the winter and there are new interstates going in on my route and for the POI's. I own a 15 Enclave Premium AWD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did they by any chance leave the USB key in your possession?

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did bring up the software on the Nav. GM part #23506029. Revision # 201501.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did bring up the software on the Nav. GM part #23506029. Revision # 201501.
So basically still outdated by a couple of years.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What tells you that #201501?
On mine it shows 2013Q2, so I guessing between April and June 2013.
If this is correct, yours would be 2015Q1 so January - March 2015.

The part number shows version 2017 not sure why revision would still show 2015

Thank you for all the information

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just bought my inlaws a new 7" Garmin for $149 that links with any smart phone that provides traffic and tons of helpful things like weather, trip adviser, gas buddy, voice command, etc. That may be a better option since the map updates are free. It provides 3D maps too!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just bought my inlaws a new 7" Garmin for $149 that links with any smart phone that provides traffic and tons of helpful things like weather, trip adviser, gas buddy, voice command, etc. That may be a better option since the map updates are free. It provides 3D maps too!
Yes there are plenty of options to take when it comes to navigation. I have the in dash and i like the convenience of using it. The only thing i don't have is free update. And the inconvenience of the extra wires that i can do without. Or having to remove it when parked for the night. Again this is what works for me. If i think i need more than the in dash can provide, I can always go to the free app waze, Although That will use data.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased the update for my 2018 Enclave because it was out of date on some of the speed limits around my town. Guess what? Still out of date. worst 100 i ever spent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Out of curiousity, are you talking about purchasing updates from OnStar? I have a 2018 and nobody said there was an a different option to OnStar from GM. I don't use OnStar. I'm using Android Auto which I think is via the Google Maps app.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can purchase a $160 garmin and get lifetime maps and traffic plus a lot of features through interaction with your phone not available on the infotainment system like trip advisory or gas buddy,

·
Registered
209 Posts
Out of curiousity, are you talking about purchasing updates from OnStar? I have a 2018 and nobody said there was an a different option to OnStar from GM. I don't use OnStar. I'm using Android Auto which I think is via the Google Maps app.
I think it was 2016 when GM went with placing navigation on internal memory rather than a DVD with the Intellilink system. For post 2016, OnStar subscription is required if you want the nav updates. OnStar NAV updates are done automatically every time there is an update, driver intervention is no longer necessary.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think it was 2016 when GM went with placing navigation on internal memory rather than a DVD with the Intellilink system. For post 2016, OnStar subscription is required if you want the nav updates. OnStar NAV updates are done automatically every time there is an update, driver intervention is no longer necessary.
Where did you come up with this information. Onstar has nothing to do with the updates of the in dash navigation. Mine is a 15 Enclave that was updated with an USB stick through GM that the dealer had to do. I don't know why GM has made it so difficult for Enclave owners. I was able to update my wife's 14 Lacrosse myself buying the USB stick from GM for a discounted price with newer map, and down loaded it myself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Update: I had the GM update done on my 15 Enclave Premium. For me it was worth it. I just came back from a month it Myrtle Beach SC. It did have the new interstate that the Original did not. All the POI were reliable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts