EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I suspect my 2009 Enclave, with 127,000 miles is about to start costing me a bunch for various repairs, as the engine light is on. I originally bought the Enclave at my local Cadillac dealer, and they now have a 2014 Enclave Premium and a 2013 Enclave Premium on hand. Apparently, Buick no longer offers fog lights on the Enclave, which I find disappointing, but not a deal breaker. Both have about 33,000 miles, and they are asking $33,000 for both of them. The reason they are asking the same for the 2013 is that it has the rear seat entertainment system and moon roof. I do like the rear seat entertainment system on my 2009 because it also has the DVD-Audio system, which is impossible to find in a 2013 or 2014, but I think I can do without that. I do think the 2014 is cleaner than the 2013. I drove the 2014 and it certainly seems tighter and more solid than my 2009.

Since the Enclave was re-designed for 2013, were there any problems with the 2013 that were corrected or improved in the 2014? Has anybody had personal experience with both the 2013 and 2014? Finally, what recommendation for any competitor vehicle would anybody care to make?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,433 Posts
$33k sounds way overpriced. I don't think new is much more than that. But I would avoid this vehicle and get something more modern.

I think the fallacy we sometimes make, is that thinking $33k isn't that much money. It is. Maybe it doesn't buy as much as it did in 2007, but relative to most folks' salary, it's still a lot of money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
john 070 said:
$33k sounds way overpriced. I don't think new is much more than that. But I would avoid this vehicle and get something more modern.

I think the fallacy we sometimes make, is that thinking $33k isn't that much money. It is. Maybe it doesn't buy as much as it did in 2007, but relative to most folks' salary, it's still a lot of money.
Thanks for all the replies! Well, the dealer pulled the "build sheet" from the GM system, and the original sticker price on the 2014 was $48,000. And, I agree they will come down maybe $1000 on it.

As to something "more modern", the problem is that it seems every other option that might be considered "more modern" is smaller, has less cargo capacity, and doesn't ride as well or as quiet as the Enclave on the highway. I do a lot of highway driving, and my primary objective is ride comfort and noise comfort. I did test drive the new Toyota Highlander, and it drove pretty darn well, and seemed to be about as quiet as the Enclave. The nice thing about buying the Enclave, or another model, from this Cadillac dealer is that they give you a "loaner"(usually a Cadillac SRX) when your car is in for service, while the Toyota dealer does not, which would require me to rent a car.

What other options might anybody suggest I consider instead of another Enclave?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
mtrot, the 2014 Enclave sounds like the better deal. If you can bargain them down closer to $31,000, it would seem to be a good deal overall. According to KBB.com, the CPO fair market retail price for a 2014 Enclave Premium with 33,000 miles in my region ranges from $31,922 to $36,025. However, this could vary a bit depending on zip code, so try plugging in the car's info in your region to determine what KBB indicates is a fair market price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,929 Posts
I am looking hard at '14's. I recently found this one with 52k miles and priced at $30,746
http://www.edmartin.com/car/646052/Used_2014_Buick_Enclave_Premium?lpid=97
I talked to the dealer a little bit over it. They offered me $12,900 for my '08 with 114k miles on it. They have an '08 on the lot for $16,694. http://www.edmartin.com/car/667963/Used_2008_Buick_Enclave_CXL?lpid=97
But, I can't persuade the wife into 3 more years of payments, since we will have my "Cherry-Ot" paid off in 2-1/2 more years.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
cfedor said:
I am looking hard at '14's. I recently found this one with 52k miles and priced at $30,746
http://www.edmartin.com/car/646052/Used_2014_Buick_Enclave_Premium?lpid=97
I talked to the dealer a little bit over it. They offered me $12,900 for my '08 with 114k miles on it. They have an '08 on the lot for $16,694. http://www.edmartin.com/car/667963/Used_2008_Buick_Enclave_CXL?lpid=97
But, I can't persuade the wife into 3 more years of payments, since we will have my "Cherry-Ot" paid off in 2-1/2 more years.
The numbers you mentioned for your 2008 are noticeably higher than those for a 2008 in my area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,929 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
The numbers you mentioned for your 2008 are noticeably higher than those for a 2008 in my area.
Way different for some reason..... :tearhair:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top