EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

2014 air conditioner

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  90AllTrac 
#1 ·
Good Morning! My husband and I bought a 2014 in April. When we got it, the air conditioner wasn’t working. We took it in and the suction/discharge line was broke. We replaced it and had the car for a week and the same piece broke again. When we took it in, they said it could have been a faulty piece, so it was replaced again. Since then, the same piece has broke two more times. The mechanic replaced the motor and transmission mounts the last time, because that was the only thing he could think of that could be breaking this piece. Obviously, that didn’t fix the problem. We have had this car since April and have taken it in 4 times and no one can figure it out. Have any of you had this same problem? I know Enclaves are known for their air conditioner problems, but something is breaking this same piece! Thank you.

#2 ·
Maybe the previous owner changed the A/C compressor, and maybe it wasn't a direct replacement, or the end of the compressor housing that the suction tube is connected to was turned a bit to cause too much strain on the house. Might be best to compare how the back end of an OEM A/C compressor looks on a 2014 MY Enclave compared to yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.