EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. new to the forum. we have a 2014 Buick Enclave (new to us for the past 3 months). It has 56k on the dial. pristine inside and out.
this past weekend while driving I stopped at a friends house and got out. i had a passenger in the front seat and the 2 rear seats waiting while i stepped out. when I got back in, there was a message on the dash that said "service air bag" - it then disappeared.

Yesterday I drove the car and i was the only one in it and the car was dinging at me telling the passenger to buckle up. the car thinks someone is in the passenger seat. My wife told me that earlier in the day, she spilled coffee on the seat. I think maybe it seeped down the seat and got on some wiring.

I am not sure if the "service air bag" light and the "ghost passenger" are related.

any thoughts or ideas? i will look at wiring this weekend when I get more time.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
probably affecting the Passenger Presence system.
Its a pad that goes in the seat.
Other things that can cause it to go off are devices like laptops, phones, tablets, etc.
But not because of weight-- because if their capacitance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I left my sunroof popped open on my 2014 last summer at work when it wasn't supposed to rain and of course it did. I had the "ghost passenger " like you are talking about but no service air bag. The passenger seat got very wet and I questioned on here about it and it took about a week for it to dry out and it hasn't happened since. Hopefully that's all it takes.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Same thing happened to me when we left a window down and it rained getting the passenger seat quite wet. It cleared the next day when the seat dried. Coffee might be worse though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts