EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm giving up on my 14 premium. We have replaced the fuel sensor and I'm still only getting 250mi range on a full tank. Where I live is all street driving so even at the low end of 17mpg times the size of the tank that 374mi. Where had the missing 134mi gone. I've brought it to the dealership 3 times now... I've changed out everything i could for maintenance. Minus a tune up. It's at 81k though. It's even got 4 brand new tires. I'm at a loss here and it's ripping through my wallet. When i first got the car it was at at least 345mi range. I dunno wtf happened to it in the almost 3 months I've owned it. If anything it should have gotten even better milage bc of everything I've replaced maintenance wise. In think I'm about to cut my losses and trade it in. I can't figure out what could be wrong.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
704 Posts
You should get a Bluetooth Scanner to work with a Smartphone or Ipad. You can monitor the vitals as you drive. One thing you should do is run a bottle of Techtron Concentrate in with a fillup, it will help clean the injectors. Do you use Top Tier Gas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should get a Bluetooth Scanner to work with a Smartphone or Ipad. You can monitor the vitals as you drive. One thing you should do is run a bottle of Techtron Concentrate in with a fillup, it will help clean the injectors. Do you use Top Tier Gas?
I haven't tried that one but I have tried a few of those and nothing happened. For the three months I've owned the vehicle the first month maybe two weeks it was fine. It just doesn't make sense because how do you do all that maintenance minus spark plugs and all the sudden the mileage just drops like that I even held off on buying new tires so I thought eventually that was the answer that I was looking for but nope didn't really do anything. And it should have when I bought four new tires for my Honda Accord I even bought the cheapest ones I could find because it was a lease I gained like a hundred and fifty miles I think almost on my range just for the fact that it had new tires. I forgot I even got that good gas mileage out of the Accord once I put the tires on. I expected the same thing to happen to my enclave but nope, nothing. Tomorrow I'm bringing it to a mechanic to potentially look at the PCV valve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Something to look at, as I discovered this last week on mine when I was replacing my AC Suction hose.... I took off the throttle air intake tube to allow removal of the AC hose, and found that the tube was not installed correctly at the throttle body. I had never removed it since I bought it, so this was a previous work find. They somehow rolled the bottom of the tube when installing it on the throttle body, which i'm sure was leaking like crazy, pulling in air. I've noticed since I bought the E that the exhaust tips gets black pretty quick. So, what happens here, there is air entering the throttle body after the MAF, and will make the vehicle run lean, the O2 sensors pick this up, and tell the CPU to add more fuel, but the MAF still meters less air than is getting in the system... they get confused and you likely end up with a rich mixture, burning too much gas, hence the black tips. Now, I fixed the situation, and the E went for a 2 hour + trip... my initial feeling is a definite increase in fuel economy, even pulling a 2000 lb trailer for half of that. My big test will be next week when we have a 350 mile trip one way, though I will be pulling the trailer. I'll be cleaning the tips again, and see from there.
I also found the oil pooling in the intake tube, so I did the PCV mod and cleaned out all the tubes.
Anyways, check your intake connections, make sure they are all good. Anywhere air can get into the throttle body unmetered will cause problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Totally off the wall & 99% chance not your problem. .....
I had a big touring motorcycle that I accidentally set to kilometers instead of miles. Imagine my surprise when total miles and trip mileage we're completely wacko.
Makes your MPG look in the toilet.
Figured it out after a few weeks. Sucks getting old.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally off the wall & 99% chance not your problem. .....
I had a big touring motorcycle that I accidentally set to kilometers instead of miles. Imagine my surprise when total miles and trip mileage we're completely wacko.
Makes your MPG look in the toilet.
Figured it out after a few weeks. Sucks getting old.
No that didn't happen to me but lol I appreciate the thought that did make me laugh and it's not a bad idea to be honest. Just like when someone said check your e-brake you never know if your e-brake is very slightly engaged and that could be doing it too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm giving up on my 14 premium. We have replaced the fuel sensor and I'm still only getting 250mi range on a full tank. Where I live is all street driving so even at the low end of 17mpg times the size of the tank that 374mi. Where had the missing 134mi gone. I've brought it to the dealership 3 times now... I've changed out everything i could for maintenance. Minus a tune up. It's at 81k though. It's even got 4 brand new tires. I'm at a loss here and it's ripping through my wallet. When i first got the car it was at at least 345mi range. I dunno wtf happened to it in the almost 3 months I've owned it. If anything it should have gotten even better milage bc of everything I've replaced maintenance wise. In think I'm about to cut my losses and trade it in. I can't figure out what could be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have always questioned the gas mileage on my 2012. On hi way driving at 70-75 the best I could get was 18-19. So last week I decided to clean the throttle body as a last resort. This past weekend I drove from Nashville to Indianapolis (about 300 miles). Filled up before I left town, and reset all the stuff on the computer. I was totally surprised when I got there that it showed MPG at 23.8. Now I don't know if cleaning the TB made the improvement, but I have nothing else to blame it on. I elected to take the TB off instead of doing it on the car. Miles on the car are about 61,000 and the TB was not as dirty as I expected......but something helped.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
704 Posts
Good to hear. Any other change such as Octane or using Top Tier gasoline VS Non top tier? I can usually get 23 if I keep it below 70, I usually at least have a rack crossbar and Thule Fairing up top, sometimes a canoe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts